Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through. >

Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through.

Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM

it has been a part of my signature here for a while now. i have fibromyalgia. Christine has Lupus and FMS, and she does a great job of explaining it.
i bought the poster a few years ago, and it hangs in my sewing room.
Blessings to all who suffer in silence and those "who don't look sick". it would be easier for people around me to understand if i were puking, or had a cast on..
Old 11-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. I sent it to my sister who has lupus and to my dd who has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome and my youngest dd who has been sick for years with no definitive diagnosis. I know for myself, having fibromyalgia and chronic back problems, I have to constantly monitor my energy levels and be careful not to over do . It can cost days of pain. Mostly I feel sorry for my DH because I can't do a lot of things he would like us to do together. Fortunately, he is very understanding. Not all spouses are. :|
Old 11-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Thank you ,Thank You, I Know All About That Kind of Pain.I Have People tell me all the you don't look sick But i have Lupus you have good days and Bad days and you Have to Plan Each Day And you Pray A Lot and I mean A Lot.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:40 PM

Maybe I'll make a sign to wear around my neck that says, I'm not sick, I have a chronic condition and my condition is good for the condition I'm in.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM

AMEN!!!!

Originally Posted by squeakie
wow, how so true, you can't understand unless you live with things like this everyday and i would love to hand this to everyone who gives me that "look", just remember someday we will all be better....
Old 11-05-2010, 10:41 PM

This is so true. What a great explanation!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:14 AM

OMG, this is exactly what it is like. My daughters, sister and husband just don't get it, I know that this will help. I have degenrative disc disease and have been off work for the last 5 weeks. I have already had a neck fusion, and 5 weeks ago 2 disc decompressions in my lower back, now L3-L4 disc is bad. They fix one another one goes bad, LOL just getting old before my time.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Jade, my DH has chronic pain from a number of different causes. I try my best to understand and I am very empathetic..but this really makes me understand..thanks for sharing it. Thankfully, I have the ability to keep a few spoons in my pocket for him..I'll be doing that.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by FortMyers
OMG, this is exactly what it is like. My daughters, sister and husband just don't get it, I know that this will help. I have degenrative disc disease and have been off work for the last 5 weeks. I have already had a neck fusion, and 5 weeks ago 2 disc decompressions in my lower back, now L3-L4 disc is bad. They fix one another one goes bad, LOL just getting old before my time.
I was interested in what you wrote because it verifies what my spinal surgeon told me. He wants to delay surgery as long as possible because of that very cause and effect that you describe. He said it's like dominoes and once we start the surgeries, there will be more and more every few years, as the neighboring discs and vertebrae go bad.
I am so sorry to hear of your ongoing pain and difficulties, but I appreciate having my confidence in his recommendations reinforced.
Huggggggs, wildlinda
Old 11-10-2010, 02:16 PM

CFS is this story. Not much fun.