Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through. >

Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through.

Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:25 PM

my mom hasn't got vey many spoons and it really is a challenge for me to be with her because i'm stinking healthy. she moves so slow she hardly appears to be moving, speech is about the same but her brain is racing. i can't get anything past her.
i'll try to remember her spoons when i'm feeling impatient.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:36 PM

My brother is in constant pain, he has two steel rods up his spine, held together with 16 titanium bolts. It makes me cry to just look at him, he walks bent over and eats pain killers daily. They are redoing his surgery at the end of the month I hope they are able to relieve some of his pain. He is only 50 and his life is so limited. He tries hard not to show his pain but you know he is hurting. Thanks for the letter it put things into perspective
Old 11-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

I hate being sick each and every day of my life. And most days I don't have even 1 spoon!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:19 PM

Back pain is so hard I live with it daily I will keep him in prayer I was only 29 when I was in my car accident I had 2 kids 6 and 3 who had mom who could not function more than sitting in bed and watching tv fast forward 10 years and I am still doing the same BUT I now know that the pain I feel is more managable now that I have had 10 years to deal with it.

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa
My brother is in constant pain, he has two steel rods up his spine, held together with 16 titanium bolts. It makes me cry to just look at him, he walks bent over and eats pain killers daily. They are redoing his surgery at the end of the month I hope they are able to relieve some of his pain. He is only 50 and his life is so limited. He tries hard not to show his pain but you know he is hurting. Thanks for the letter it put things into perspective