Amazon??

Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 AM

When I can I order sold by and shipped from Amazon. Third party sellers usually charge sales tax and shipping. Even if I pay Amazon $2 or $3 more, it saves money not to pay tax and shipping. Amazon has excellent customer service, and is normally very quick.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 AM

I've bought from amazon.ca using the free shipping and I've always been surprised at how quickly I get the order. I ordered DVDs last Christmas for my DGS's birthday and expected them in January. I got them before Christmas.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Wow ... thanks for the offer MTS! I am humbled with your generosity.

Here's the link to the one that I want to emulate.
Ruffled Roses or Beloved Beauties are at the top.

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/bom2.php/bom_id/14

Then move down to May 01, 2011 where you see the BOM where you make 4 baskets and some of the border. I'm sure I could eventually figure it out, though I'm sure that I could save a lot of time and aggravation.

I noticed when I looked at the large view, that the green looks the same size, though the closer you get to the swooped centre, the smaller gradation with the white and multi coloured strips. (not sure I used the right word to describe it?)
Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 AM

I have always had good luck even on an order fulfilled by a third party - never more than 5 days and never with expedited shipping. Hope yours comes quickly.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:39 AM

i ordered 2 feet for sewing and a box of bobbins for my new machine and it took about 10 days to 2 weeks for the free shipping i was really antsy too cause i had gotten a new machine and didnt want to wait to sew on her.
carla
Old 05-06-2011, 05:49 PM

Good thread showing quilting people helping people ---that's what this forum is all about.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:13 PM

We ship within 2 days and depending on how it was sent, either 2 days or 2 weeks. Media mail being the cheapest way to ship books takes the longest. Going to Canada will take a little longer because it goes through customs. When purchasing from Amazon, you can upgrade to Priority and get it faster, but it will cost more. Be patient, the wait will be worth it. It is all up to the post office and we can't control them.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gypsylady5
We ship within 2 days and depending on how it was sent, either 2 days or 2 weeks. Media mail being the cheapest way to ship books takes the longest. Going to Canada will take a little longer because it goes through customs. When purchasing from Amazon, you can upgrade to Priority and get it faster, but it will cost more. Be patient, the wait will be worth it. It is all up to the post office and we can't control them.
Are you connected with Amazon directly?
Or are you a 3rd party via Amazon?

As mentioned earlier, my intent had been to order it from Canada, so we didn't have to deal with customs issues and a surprise $$ change! In the end, it appears I stopped short of actually placing the order, though with it not showing up in my shopping cart ... it's a little mystifying!

Oh well! :) Live and Learn ... and someday I'll try it again! :)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:26 PM

I am a seller on Amazon.com. My store is Gypsylady's Emporium. I can send the link to you if you like. I have over 700 magazines, books and CD's listed at present and am adding a lot more quilting magazines as I find time. If you are looking for a special issue, I just might have it. I will ship to Canada. I know the shipping is terrible, but its better than nothing. I don't know why it is so much, but it is. I'm thinking of posting here, but I want to make sure I am a regular member first so I can without a problem. I reply to most ISO's for magazines if I can find them. Most are still in boxes (over 20 of them), but a lot of them I can find easy enough. Thanks for asking, Sharon
Old 05-07-2011, 03:37 PM

I've ordered many times from Amazon.ca and I've gotten my orders anywhere from 3 to about 8 days.