Amazon

Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 AM

Have always had wonderful service from them. It also arrives exactly when they say it will.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 AM

Amazon has taken easy shopping to new heights (unfortunately :wink: ).
I always use the .ca site for Canadian shoppers.
I've bought things from secondary sellers as well through Amazon, such as secondhand books, and have always been pleased with the service.
Shipments from Amazon come with a postage-paid tag if you want to return them, you don't even pay the postage! They obviously do huge business to absorb so much shipping cost. Even if you order items that come from several places, in multiple shipments, there is only one shipping cost and sometimes that's free!
Another nice thing about Amazon is the product reviews. People like us write reviews on things, which becomes a handy shopping tool when making a decision about what to buy.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM

My son is in the US Navy and was stationed on a ship in the middle east and the guys on the ship were always ordering coffee, groceries, movies (as soon as they come out),books popcorn. You would swear the Navy never fed them. Good delivery, never hear any complaints. Even Singapore no problems with shipping. Used APO and Navy did the rest.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I love amazon I order from the all the time. Including groceries.

About a week ago I ordered tahini and they weren't packed well and arrived damaged, what a mess. Amazon replaced them with no problem, again they arrived damaged I called amazon they replaced them again. The 3rd time they were also damaged as they were not packed well. This time amazon said they would contact the warehouse. They not only gave me a refund they gave me a $20 gift card for the inconvience that I had to call 3 times. I love amazon.
How did you call Amazon? My husband bought me a dictionery and there were 272 pages missing. I contacted the publisher of the book because I couldn't find anywhere to contact Amazon. Other than that, have had no problems with them.
Rita
Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 AM

I love Amazon. A lot of my Christmas shopping is done there each year. I buy books for the grandkids there all the time and keep myself stocked up on tea from there. I've bought lots of things there over the years with free S&H and no disappointments!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:16 AM

Well..... Im definately sold on Amazon! I was thinking about buying from them and now I'm going to . Thank's everyone for your input. I'm so glad someone asked this question....
Old 01-30-2011, 11:42 AM

No problems with the books I have ordered from them. Haven't ordered any movies.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:36 PM

I have bought a TON of stuff and only had one problem. I did eventually get a full refund for the product that was sent, but not as advertised. Otherwise I have been totally satisfied.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM

I've been ordering from Amazon since 1997 and have never had any problems. I'm a Prime Member so shipping is free and the amount of items I ordered more than makes up for the membership fee.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 PM

No problem !