Another Funny

Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 AM

Years ago, when NY City had a strike by garbage collectors, people couldn't get rid of their garbage. One enterprising soul put his in boxes, wrapped it with wrapping paper and left it in the back seat of his car (unlocked, of course). Some enterprising thief stole the garbage. Boy, did they get a surprise!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 AM

that really does happen even with pets as years ago I had a doxy and she had puppies I put them for free nothing happened when I set the out in a box that read part doxy 20.00 dollars each they all disappeared
Old 03-29-2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine View Post
A woman had a table that she didn't want anymore, but it was still too good to just destroy. She put the table out on the driveway with a sign that said Free thinking that someone who really needed a table would take it. The table sat there for 4 days and no takes. A friend told her to but a sign on it and ask for $10.00 OBO and see if there were any takers. The next morning, the table had disappeared and no money was left. Someone actually stole the table.
Had a yard sale, had all kinds of stuff (great, nice, good, ok, usable and then just stuff). I put prices on everything I felt was good or better. Things ok and usable I didn't price (free), not many takers for free stuff. Last day of sale when left over stuff was half off. I put signs on the free stuff with prices - (not cheep prices I put 10.00 and up prices on the JUNK), I sold ALL of it. Each time someone came up with what I thought was JUNK, they paid (lol) for it. Best yard sale I ever had!!!! People are funny!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 AM

Your story reminds me of the time we had a yard sale and dh put a price on my chain saw that I had used on the farm.......no takers lots of lookers but that was as far as it went. He went over took the price off the saw put a new sticker on 50.00 MORE and it sold!!!!! Maybe they thought cuz it was expensive that something was wrong?? Goodness can't figure out folks. )

Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
Had a yard sale, had all kinds of stuff (great, nice, good, ok, usable and then just stuff). I put prices on everything I felt was good or better. Things ok and usable I didn't price (free), not many takers for free stuff. Last day of sale when left over stuff was half off. I put signs on the free stuff with prices - (not cheep prices I put 10.00 and up prices on the JUNK), I sold ALL of it. Each time someone came up with what I thought was JUNK, they paid (lol) for it. Best yard sale I ever had!!!! People are funny!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:13 AM

My son and his girlfriend just moved back to his home town in northwestern SD from Milwaukee. We were unloading the moving van and had stuff setting out on the lawn. We got hungry and were going to leave to get something to eat and Jen said she would stay back and watch the stuff. My son and I started laughing because the town is so small that no one would have bothered it no matter how long it sat on the lawn, but in Milwaukee it would have been gone in a heartbeat.