Any Famous Ancestors?

Old 07-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

I just thought of something. My mother had a line with the last name of Carpenter. She told me once that we are related to an astronaut named Scott Carpenter and (possibly) Richard and Karen the singers. But they could not be considered ancestors because two of them are still living.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
I think I'm related to Popeye :wink:
LOLOLOL I just spit my Mountaindew over my keyboard :lol:
Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Robert Burns the poet is a decedent of mine.
Robert Burns is my great great great grandfather. My uncle did geneology and found that. My cousin had twins and they wondered if there were twins somewhere in the family since there were none we knew about and when he searched back further he found Robert Burns had at least 4 sets of twins ,although only 2 sets lived past infancy. My grandfather's side of the family came from Scotland.

Maybe we are related way back somehow!!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
Robert Burns is my great great great grandfather. My uncle did geneology and found that. My cousin had twins and they wondered if there were twins somewhere in the family since there were none we knew about and when he searched back further he found Robert Burns had at least 4 sets of twins ,although only 2 sets lived past infancy. My grandfather's side of the family came from Scotland.

Awesome my Paternal side is from Scotland too! I bet we are related. I have all the geoeology back to the pedegree on that side of the family.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk

Awesome my Paternal side is from Scotland too! I bet we are related. I have all the geoeology back to the pedegree on that side of the family.
My family was Bell. Doesn't tell you much...There must be a zillion of them, but they lived in Illinois. I also have written a lot of poetry...maybe I got it from him. Wonder if he used to quilt??? haha
Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Too funny I have to find where I have the book stashed. I write poetry too!! I will have to dig for the book I know what it looks like but not where it is right now. I will look up Bell, Mine would be Manning or Morrison.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:49 AM

Descendent from the founding father of NYC. That's probably why I love NY. Lived there for 4 years in my mid 20's. Best time of my life.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:14 AM

on my mother's side of the family, James Buchanan is on the Family Tree. That info didn't get us in free at his homestead in Lancaster, PA!!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:23 PM

On my Mom's side, we are related to J.Edgar Hoover (per family gossip- not proven yet to my satisfaction). On my Dad's side two of my many greats removed were deans at WV University and have a building named in their honor on campus. From what I have heard, the Purinton clan has the longest running family reunion in Mass. than any other family reunions in the USA.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Ya know, some of you on this thread just might be related to each other!!
I'm reading the names REALLY carefully!!! I see we have a number of Signers, mine is Abraham Clark. He had 12 children and there is no proof of any lines continuing!! He is a GGGG Uncle.
HIS cousin, my gggGrandfather was with Aaron Burr when he died.
There's a bunch of who's and what's all about, aren't there???

I am planning on finalizing one section of the family this year and getting the info out there to the family in a printed book for Christmas...