Is Anyone Else Suffering?

Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Alot of you mentioned Claritin - is that over the counter or prescription? I understand there are 2 strengths. They said this year was going to be the Armagaden (sp) of allergy seasons. Since we have been in MO EVERY YEAR my allergies start on May 7th and run thru til June 10. It is sooooo frustrating - I will need to stock up on "depends" this year~ YUCK! can't sneeze, can't laugh, can't cough!
they have surgery to fix that, i have had it twice in about 15 years..(it only lasts so long) a bladder suspension. in and out, no lifting for a while of course.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by NewYearsOld
I am so sorry to hear this. I used to suffer also. Tried all of the above mentioned meds. I have been taking Allergy Shots for over a year now, and nothing is bothering me now!! I went 16 years before my allergies got so bad to take shots again.
My husband suffers with the headaches mostly..so bad. he has such a dangerous job..and he says he can't even think straight sometimes. he has the prescription nasal spray., and OTC meds.
my brother has been getting the shots now for about a year..they help him alot..he has to get one every week i think.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:31 AM

My husband had a scary episode with allergies this year.He lost 20 pounds!!! The doctor gave him a shot in each hip and three prescriptions.Zyrtec,amoxicillan and singulair.He was lifeless and after the trip to the doctor he is starting to improve.He slept constantly and ate very little.I got him some ensure and now he is getting better.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 AM

I take Allegra and Flonase on a regular basis. It is the only thing that gets me through the days all year. I also use saline spray as needed.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:34 AM

All the things mentioned make me sleepy or have side effects I don't want to deal with. This year is the first year I have ever had an allergy reaction and of course I just had incisional hernia surgery. Talk about an owie! . I use herbs and fenugreek and thyme worked well for me. We have a cat that sneezes and I just add a little to her food and it seems to help.
I did have to take a nighttime liquid since I was coughing at night and that was no good either. I am doing ok now . Have to clean though since everything is yellow from the pine trees
Old 04-17-2010, 05:06 AM

I get eye allergies. I picked up a bottle of Zatidor eye drops and it works great. I got it at Walgreens, it's about 15.00 for a little tiny bottle but definitely worth the cost.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

I take allergy meds 365 days a year, but yes, this extra pollen is really awful!
I keep my car under a garage that is open on the ends and began to think somebody else parked their car under there.
Finally ran through the car wash and i think I heard my car breathe deep and say, "ah!" :mrgreen:
Old 04-17-2010, 05:48 AM

Well, for starters the air conditioning is turned on and the windows closed. That helps a lot until I have to go outside. I've found Advil Cold & Sinus to be very helpful. My white car is yellow from the pollen - yuck.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 AM

Has anyone else heard of certain foods that can trigger or eliminate allergy symptoms? I heard it someplace, but forgot!! If anyone else heard more about this and if it works, please post on this thread! Thanks
Old 04-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Banned

Yes! I love fresh air and love to open up all the windows in the house but thats the worst thing you can do! :twisted: