Is Anyone Else Suffering?

Old 04-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

The green dust was thick here a few weeks ago. My head was stuffed and hurting. My Dr. told me to take Musinex D. and an aspirin for my headache. That stuff works great. In 24 hours no more stuffed head or sinus.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:42 AM

I was recently told that a teaspoon of locally produced raw honey would help with allergies. I'm going to try that this year!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Banned

I'll join the year round sufferers ! It really sucks , too ! I take otc meds . Going to give Zyrtec a try . 3 years ago my dr sent me to ear , nose , throat dr . He gave me a scrip for Nasonex , big mistake ! My eyes watered more , nose continually ran , made my throat raw . I thought this stuff was supposed to help , not make it worse :thumbdown: Singulair users , does it make you sleepy ? I need something nondrowsy . Can't be sleepy when you are trying to sew. Annie
Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

If you suffer from allergies the best relief is to have all the testing done and then have drops made specific for your allergy. Everone I know that has the drops made for their allegry say it is a miracle cure!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:31 AM

Not from allergies..but those teeny tiny little bitty (bitchy) NO-SEE-UMS (sp?)

They are biting like there is no tomorrow.

took two benadryl the other night and didn't know another thing until 8:30 the next morning.

First time ever to experience them...and I sure hope that it's the last. !!!!!

mj
Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 PM

use a nettie pot, tylenol sinus and allegra. I have allergies all yr.. but at this time of season is the worse.. oh and nasonex.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If you suffer from allergies the best relief is to have all the testing done and then have drops made specific for your allergy. Everone I know that has the drops made for their allegry say it is a miracle cure!
BellaBoo you should have b een there when I had a nasal probe done ! It's like having a brain biopsy up your nose ! Used a hose that sounded like an air compresser to numb my nose , sound like fun ? Well it wasn't :thumbdown: . Just to satisfy a smart aced dr that thought I had a hole in my septum , which I didn't . He said it was a shelf [ skin ] was causing a shadow . Got accused of using cocaine . I have never used dope a day in my life . Annie
Old 04-17-2010, 05:17 PM

My huisband had the two shots and the three prescriptions and he was fine for two days,but this evening he is burning up and getting chills. I guess we will be heading back to the doctors office soon.Has anyone else had these symptoms with their allergies??He did the same thing the last time before we went to the doctors.He even lost his appetite.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:20 PM

I have had year round allergies for as long as I can remember. There have been days when I could hardly function, especially in the spring and fall, or when I am around many types of mold. I finally bit the bullet, about five years ago and went to an allergist. I now get monthly shots, one in each arm, to desensitize me to the things that I am allergic to. They have been a miracle, I am almost symptom free and use only prescription eye drops. There is a bit of discomfort from the shots, but I will take that, once a month, in exchange for the freedom from symptoms. I am fortunate that our health insurance covers most of the cost.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:32 PM

Likewise for me....pollen allergies and industrial allergies. Yes, I have tried just about everything with several negative side-effects. However, a doctor a few years ago took me off all pills and put me on prescription nasal drops. I was not dizzy anymore. Secondly, he had me start using bee's honey from the area I lived. That is the key, honey from your immediate area. One has to double check at grocery stores to make sure you have a local beekeeper supplying the store. Pollen was recorded the highest it has ever been since recording started here in Missouri. What a pain. I just sleep in a face mask and go to the basement to sew most of the other time. Of course we are the first of neighbors to have our air-conditioning on. Expensive, yes, but cheaper than a couple doctor's appt and more meds. Take care everyone.