Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Is Anyone Following James On Jeopardy? >

Is Anyone Following James On Jeopardy?

Is Anyone Following James On Jeopardy?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 AM

Yes, he amazes me. It will be interesting to see if he bests Ken Jennings.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:58 AM

I'm kind of obsessed with him! It's not just the broad base of knowledge that he has, but those bets... Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine betting the amounts that he does. But I guess that's true of most people and since he's a professional gambler, it doesn't trouble him one bit.

I find it so interesting that he studied a lot of topics using children's books. It makes perfect sense because books for kids get into the "meat" of something without a lot of exposition like adult books do.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:04 AM

I'm in awe of James...been watching him since first day...my DH loved Jeapardy, he taped it everyday...he passed away Nov 1st, we would have been married 57 years next Sunday...miss him so much...so I watch Jeapardy at night, when it's quiet..and I know he's watching with me...
I hope he goes on and on...and beats the Ken Jennings amount...and he's cute too...

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-20-2019 at 11:06 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-20-2019, 07:35 AM

I love Jeopardy as well. It gives me a new admiration to Alex for working thru his cancer. Especially when the doctors say the odds are against him. But as strong as he is; he's not taking them for their word. Good for him.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:49 AM

I love James... He probably has a a photographic memory. I started watching Jeopardy faithfully when I learned that Alex had cancer. I wonder if Alex will still be alive to see James lose. I got even more hooked when James started winning. The teachers tournament was so boring compared to watching James.

I have noticed that the daily doubles are frequently on the highest amount question instead of in the middle somewhere. I can't remember that ever happening before. It was probably changed since James started picking the highest amount. The show is probably trying to save some money, but I'm sure James is making them millions.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-20-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-20-2019, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fabaddict View Post
I think he has a photographic memory. It has been fun to watch him. I would like to see him and Ken Jennings together.
I am glad I am not the only one that thinks he has a photographic memory!!!! I do like how he does not waste time picking the category and that he goes for the big $$ first, or jumps around looking for the bonus squares. Other contestants could learn from how he does this. I do not like how he seems to cut Alex off because of the way he jumps in with the category pick or the answer (Question).
Old 05-20-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by junegerbracht View Post
I love Jeopardy- my husband not so much. However James has got my husband hooked. He has added spice to the game.
Same here. My husband was a little put out that they interrupted James’ and had the Teachers on. Haha
Old 05-20-2019, 01:09 PM

Oh yeah! He is a hoot! I guess professional gamblers have to be smart to be successful. It's way too easy to lose! And, boy, is he ever smart! He is exciting, for sure!

I am so glad he'll be back tonight. I thought the Teachers thing would never end.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:41 PM

Love watching this young man! Feel sorry for the people who have to play against him though! Recently one of his opponents ended up with, I think, about 53k -- what normally would have been a solid victory. I think once James' run comes to an end, they should have a Tournament of his best opponents -- just to give them a sporting chance to win!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 PM

I guess I am the only one that has seen enough of James. I want him to lose and I hope he doesn't out do Ken.