Anyone into GeoCaching?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 AM

I've gone on a few of these adventures. Even set one up... a pirate one! Had a lot of people come and visit. It was great fun. Haven't done it for sometime now. MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm.... perhaps, an adventure is awaiting. :thumbup:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:59 AM

Guess I'm too old to know what it is - never heard of it- but always open to learn.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 AM

It's a great way to see things you wouldn't otherwise get to see. I've lived in this area my whole life and have been absolutely tickled at finding things I never knew were there - just because we were geocaching!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Well, now it is official, I am totally out of the world. I did not understand a word of this message. never thought it would happen to me. So back to quilting that I understand,
Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Yes, I am a geocacher. I love it. I'm old school I have a Garmin GPS. It works thats what counts. We go to AZ in the winter,so try and do it along the way. I dont like to do around peoples places thou.
We belong to the Oregon club.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:01 PM

The original cache is about two miles from our house. Out of Oregon City,OR
Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM

If you don't have a GPS or smart phone, you can still participate in this fun activity. It's simply known by a different name "Letterboxing". This is actually how we started out years ago, before it went digital. A lot of the destinations are set up like a treasure hunt, you follow clues and hints to find the box and usually there's a rubber stamp of some kind inside. You keep a little book and stamp the pages, like a passport, and the book becomes your souvenir.

http://www.letterboxing.org/
Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM

So sorry, but it sounds like you are talking a foreign language to me. I am so behind the times. LOL! What are muggles?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by aronel
So sorry, but it sounds like you are talking a foreign language to me. I am so behind the times. LOL! What are muggles?
Original Muggles, or the ones she's talking about here? lol

In THIS context, she's talking about people going about their business who have no idea that there is a Geocache nearby. It's preferred that the caches are kept somewhat secret to avoid sabotage or destruction.

In the ORIGINAL context, Muggles are a term that came from the Harry Potter series, a Muggle is a person who lacks magical abilities and was not born into a magical family.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
Originally Posted by aronel
Original Muggles, or the ones she's talking about here? lol

In THIS context, she's talking about people going about their business who have no idea that there is a Geocache nearby. It's preferred that the caches are kept somewhat secret to avoid sabotage or destruction.

In the ORIGINAL context, Muggles are a term that came from the Harry Potter series, a Muggle is a person who lacks magical abilities and was not born into a magical family.
Yep, I guess the second one is me. LOL. Thank you for the info.