Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone seem the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy? >

Anyone seem the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy?

Anyone seem the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:31 PM

My husband and I watch every wk...within 10 mins he was out of the LR and I decided 10 mins was enough..went into the BR and we watched CSI instead. If they do that again they will lose me as a fan
Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

confession.. the idea turned me off so I did not turn it on.

Ell
Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 PM

You weren't missing much. I mean the story would have been good on another episode. The had to cut out some of my favorite interaction and characters because instead they did this odd Grease on Acid number, about who was sleeping with who. Bizarre.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 PM

faithful viewer, but I didnt like this one at all. Wonder who had the dumb idea.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I watch it whenever I can but would have liked it a lot better if they weren't being all touchy feely and singing......like an old chinese movie where their lipsmove before or after the sound. (Callie's is the one I noticed it most on) Glad she didn't die but I'm thinking the baby will on the next episode. :( My twins were premies-takes you back.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Strange for me to read these responses. I loved the show. A few of the actors aren't the best singers in the world...but Sara Ramirez was great! I think she was definitely the star of the episode.

I think the idea was that Cally had a brain injury from the accident that prevented her from speaking or moving, but allowed her to hear and probably see. Another affect of the brain injury was that what she heard or thought, she heard or thought in music.

That is just a wild guess, though. Maybe they just wanted to showcase her voice - which was alright with me.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
My husband and I watch every wk...within 10 mins he was out of the LR and I decided 10 mins was enough..went into the BR and we watched CSI instead. If they do that again they will lose me as a fan
We often encourage each other to step out of our favorite creative boxes, to try something new. Why shouldn't a tv writer/producer/cast do the same?

When I do something new (for me) with quilting, I don't always like the results. But that doesn't stop me from making another quilt...
Old 04-01-2011, 01:12 PM

We don't watch it, but when my sister found out about the music she decided to watch. She said she liked it.

I didn't know about House, but my first thought when I heard about it was "Glee."
Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
hear hear!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM

I agree...but I think only Cally should have been singing ...not the others in the show.......like you said she could not speak but her mind was still working

Originally Posted by cathyvv
Strange for me to read these responses. I loved the show. A few of the actors aren't the best singers in the world...but Sara Ramirez was great! I think she was definitely the star of the episode.

I think the idea was that Cally had a brain injury from the accident that prevented her from speaking or moving, but allowed her to hear and probably see. Another affect of the brain injury was that what she heard or thought, she heard or thought in music.

That is just a wild guess, though. Maybe they just wanted to showcase her voice - which was alright with me.