Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone seem the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy? >

Anyone seem the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy?

Anyone seem the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy?

Old 04-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
Strange for me to read these responses. I loved the show. A few of the actors aren't the best singers in the world...but Sara Ramirez was great! I think she was definitely the star of the episode.

I think the idea was that Cally had a brain injury from the accident that prevented her from speaking or moving, but allowed her to hear and probably see. Another affect of the brain injury was that what she heard or thought, she heard or thought in music.

That is just a wild guess, though. Maybe they just wanted to showcase her voice - which was alright with me.
I agree CathyV, I loved it! Really enjoyed the song choices, some of my favourites. I thought it was rather effective way of Cally expressing and sort of narrating.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

it was definitely different. i didn't watch it all. i went back and forth to other shows. didn't see the end.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

it was definitely different. i didn't watch it all. i went back and forth to other shows. didn't see the end.
Dad gum it. double posting because this is slow now!!! most irritating!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:17 PM

I didn't like it at first when so much confusion was going on in the E.R. But as the show progressed I got into it more. My DH and I both agreed it was neat to see a different aspect of the actors on the show. I wouldn't want every episode to be done this way, but for this one show, I enjoyed it! :-D
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 PM

In the history of tv shows, when they run a musical they are out of ideas. Then not long after that they are off the air. For all you dedicated fans I hope it is not so.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:31 PM

Thought she had a beautiful voice, but did NOT like the way they used the singing. Way too much about relationships and not enough about medicine. Show is so far away from its beginnings.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM

I'm the odd man out here because I actually did like it. It was so different than the normal 'same old, same old'. I would not like it regularly tho.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:50 PM

[quote=sally's girl]I agree...but I think only Cally should have been singing ...not the others in the show.......like you said she could not speak but her mind was still working

I totally agree! If they just had Callie singing as an out of body experience kind of thing, it would have been fine. But, to have all the surgeons on staff bursting into song was just way too weird for me. I think it was too gimmicky and I am a diehard Grey's fan!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:54 AM

Perhaps the singing would have been better placed with an episode that wasnt so dramatic. I thought the last song was done very well just didnt like the whole singing thing. I love the musicals from the 40's but those movies were lighthearted and carefree,not life and death. I think the whole "American Idol" craze may be inspiring the willingness to step out on a limb within the night time drama genre.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:00 AM

My opinion, I thought it was a quite bit STUPID! Too many sex scenes on that program anymore! I've watched this show from the beginning and it is getting out of proportion! I'm sure people do all that stuff in a hospital! Get Real! Just my opinion!