Anyone use GoodRX?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:54 AM

Default Anyone use GoodRX?

I'm watching my meds increase in price (even with the Medicare drugs supplement that isn't cheap) and wonder about GoodRX. It appears that the price changes on there all the time, too. One med increased in price about 100% in the last month. (plaquenil) There is a huge difference in price between one pharmacy and another.
So I was wondering if you are happy with Good RX and if the pharmacy accepts the coupon you pull up on your phone, similar to how you do at Hobby Lobby.
Is it possible to have scripts in place at more than one pharmacy, then you just go to the one that is cheapest for this refill? Like you would have a 90 day script at Walgreens and CVS both, and every 90 days you have to decide which one you want to get filled? It looks like Good RX and CVS have a partnership going on. That looks promising. Any thoughts?
Old 03-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
Is it possible to have scripts in place at more than one pharmacy, then you just go to the one that is cheapest for this refill? Like you would have a 90 day script at Walgreens and CVS both, and every 90 days you have to decide which one you want to get filled?
I don't think that is possible. However, you can have a prescription at one pharmacy, decide to fill it at another, and the second pharmacy will call the first one to get the prescription sent over.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:38 PM

Yes, We use this for my HB. It saves a lot of dollars. He does not have insurance.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:24 PM

If you use a mail order for your prescriptions you get a 90 day supply of pills for one month co-pay. You have to pay attention for refills because it takes about a week to get them. Your supplement will tell you which mail order you use.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:25 PM

I use GoodRx for my mother's prescriptions and find a great savings. I printed the coupons the first two times and then used my phone. They sent a card in the mail that I can just take to the store now to get the discount. So far, so good. I haven't tried to switch pharmacies with any of the scripts, because the difference when I check online is only about $1 and then I consider the cost of the gas to get to the other pharmacy. We are happy with the savings.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:48 PM

If Walgreen's doesn't like the price of a med with my insurance, they find a coupon on their computer.
Some times the savings are considerable and I don't have to do anything except say, "Thank you." I have no idea what company they use.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I don't think that is possible. However, you can have a prescription at one pharmacy, decide to fill it at another, and the second pharmacy will call the first one to get the prescription sent over.
We use two pharmacies. We informed our primary doctor, she is cool with it. Here In Oregon there is a database that keeps track of all Schedule 2 substances (pain meds such as Oxycodone, Dermeral, Percocet).
This helps Doctors and the Government help keep track of "pain med shoppers.

I am curious about this GoodRX program myself, so I am going to keep an eye on this thread.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:15 AM

We use Humana mail order (medicare part D) and they call to ask if we need refills, and call dr. when presc. expires. Mail order is cheaper...we like it a lot. Never have to do anything but answer the telephone and say 'yes' or 'no' to recorded message. Meds arrive in abt a week. Or less.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:07 AM

Can you use GoodRX if you have a prescription meds supplement? How does that work?
Old 03-17-2018, 05:52 AM

Our CVS won't take any coupons if you have supplemental prescription insurance.

I refuse to use mail order. They messed up twice. I ended up paying for meds I couldn't take & had to go with out. Good thing it wasn't heart meds. One of our neighbors had the same problem & she quit using the mail order too.