Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anyone watching Wayward Pines tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by ladydukes View Post
    After seeing the post about Wayward Pines, I looked to see if it was automatically recorded with my Dish, and it was so I watched it. Sounds intriguing. I sure hope it does not turn out to be something like The Dome or Extant. We started watching Extant and it just got ridiculous so it isn't on our "radar screen" to watch the second season of it.
    I agree, it seems all the "series" that were "good" are now getting so convoluted I am really having a hard time keeping track of who's who...The Following, Scandal, and a few others I have given up on........LOST was the first most confusing to me and now they're all going that way....wayward pines is probably just a "dream" at the end.....just kidding!

Well I guess I will watch it alone! My hubby doesn't like scary shows. I know it's not real so it doesn't scare me. What goes on in real life......that is what scares me!
    I quilt, therefore I am.

Wanted to watch it did I miss the first part will have to see if it's on demand

So I watched it again today and liked it a lot better. No, it was not scarier after the first SS agent was found in the bed. Scary like that crazy nurse, but so far no more bodies. I'll watch the next episode, but if it gets too odd I'll throw in the towel. Sci-fy just isn't in my color palette.

I was not planning on watching this, but after reading the posts here, I became curious so I found it on demand,,took out some hand work and turned in to....hohum........weird, is all I can say...I hate stories that flip back and forth...past, present........not scary at all...more scary stuff on criminal minds,NCIS, etc... Not planning to put thus one on my list of "watch this one".....

I wait for the whole season or series to be streamed and watch it all the way through several episodes at a time. I tend to forget what happened from one show to the next or forget and miss an episode.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Well, I watched the first episode last night on Hulu. For me, not scary, bordered on boring. I guess I will watch another episode before I decide about the rest......
    I quilt, therefore I am.

Just weird at this point. Makes no sense except the sheriff won't let anyone leave town once they are there. There's a cemetery without names/dates on the all the old, decrepit headstones. The sheriff cut a woman's throat in the town center for trying to leave.
    Not scary to me just silly at this point. May get better…

Blog Entries
    didn't watch it last night, dh was watching 500?.
    way tooooo creepy to me. sounds like it got worse last night.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    lynnie I've watched it. kinds creepy. you really gotta pay attention to it. reminds me of the following. i'll watch it!

I watched the first 5 episodes yesterday. It started out slow but got interesting as it progressed.
    I have it set to record on the Hopper, so convenient to use. I record all our shows we watch regularly on the Hopper.

Its nice to see Matt Dillon fit and back to work on something decent. I loved him in the Outsiders.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    I have watched all of them, and it gets more and more interesting. The last episode really left me wanting to see the next. I couldn't miss it now at all. Great mystery, but is falling in place now.

Blog Entries
    I have watched all of them, and it gets more and more interesting. The last episode really left me wanting to see the next. I couldn't miss it now at all. Great mystery, but is falling in place now.

I also don't like shows with sex stuff, nothing but curse words (surely they learned how to speak more than just 4 letter words), violent shows like criminal minds, but love most animal and nature shows. We love good hearted shows like the little couple, and good hearted movies. I agree we know all this is out there, but I do not invite it into my home.

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    ive watched the whole series. i dont know about scary, but i'll grant you weird. found it interesting that one of the stars Terrence howard was killed, or was he. as I said prior you sure gotta pay attention.

I I think it's going to be like LOST! Started watching that thing, then it got so convoluted I gave up, then someone told me the end.....really stupid.....so I refuse to get caught up in that again!

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    I I think it's going to be like LOST! Started watching that thing, then it got so convoluted I gave up, then someone told me the end.....really stupid.....so I refuse to get caught up in that again!

I taped last night's episode; watched it this morning and I have to agree it is "convoluted" I am like. What the heck is going on... My hubby refuses to watch with me ...smart man...

Judy in Phx, AZ

Tonight is the Finale...really glad this is OVER an hope there is not a second season. I know I did not have to watch it but figured hey only 8 weeks... have to see it through. Probably real reason was Matt Dillon LOL

Judy in Phx, AZ

I haven't watched the last episode yet...........so NO SPOILERS........

I enjoyed the show, I hope it gets picked up next season. I may read the series, suppose to be three books.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

No spoiler....have not watched yet..I like to watch in the day light.

I did not know there were three books. Very interesting.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Okay, so let me know when you've watched the last one so we can talk about it. I will say I am disappointed. I hope the books were better!

Quote Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
    Okay, so let me know when you've watched the last one so we can talk about it. I will say I am disappointed. I hope the books were better!
    I watched it this afternoon. I am going to have to get the books and read then before next season. (if there is one)

I really wanted to like this show so much that I didn't miss an episode. I was hoping for a big twist near the end but was disappointed with the finale. I won't watch it again if it is picked up for another season. Liked the actors, liked the way it was filmed.

I agree there was tooooo big of a gap between Matt Dillon being in elevator and his son waking up 5 years later...have a admit that I am glad Pilsner is gone though.....

Judy in Phx, AZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2