Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone watching Wayward Pines tonight?

Blog Entries

anyone watching Wayward Pines tonight?

anyone watching??? it might be like secrets and lies or the done, don't want to miss a good one.
    it's advertised as being 10 weeks long, so we know they have to finish it in the time allotted.
    so, who's watching. (It does look a bit scary to me).
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    started watching it, saw the dead guy in bed, and it scared the bejeebs outta me. anyone else see it?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I am. Not sure where this is going though...

Blog Entries
    was too scary for me and I was looking forward to it too. M Night Shalamn did it, so I should have know it would creep me out.

It was too dark for me, sadly. It got a really good write up by the curmudgeon in the Washington Post too. Darn. Oh well, off to watch the Nat's game.

Blog Entries
    did you watch the whole show? was it scary throughout? should I give it another try?

I'm afraid of nightmares.
    oh and the detective from Secrets and Lies was in this one too.

I plan on watching it when it comes on here in a couple hours. The detective from S&L's, the woman? Who is she? What did she play on before? I can't place her, but have seen her before, somewhere.

I missed it. Will there be a rerun later this week?????

Dvd'd it and will watch in daylight. Really liked the detective in Secrets and Lies...she was also the sister of a Lawyer in a show a few years back..he was her brother -- same actor As Laura's ex in Mysteries of Laura. I get sucked into some crazy shows, but oh well I can always hit the select button.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    was too scary for me and I was looking forward to it too. M Night Shalamn did it, so I should have know it would creep me out.
    When I saw name of author/writer/creator...name above...I knew I wasn't going to watch...I once got into another tale of his and the ending was so bizarre.......hopefully I'll find something else to watch in that time slot

Blog Entries
    I don't watch anything scary, violent, or with blatant sex scenes (The Good Wife is now on my 'no watch' list). I know all that 'stuff' is out there, but I just don't want it in my home. And then there are the ads on TV...so I pretty much stick to PBS and History...stuff like that.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Is it a network show or a Netflix one? I've never heard of it but love scary stories.

I watched about the first 40 minutes, my DH made it through the whole thing. It reminds us of the old program "The Prisoner" starring Patrick McGoohan (sp?). I don't think either one of us will watch it again.
    I agree with Geri - there is not much in that time slot.

I read the books. It is pretty interesting.
    Pat

Just watched the recording from last night. Love the mystery of what the heck is going on in this town. Yes this is my kind of show. Hubby will not watch lol

Judy in Phx

Ps was surprised to see Matt Dillon ...he matured nicely. Love that voice
    Last edited by judy363905; 05-15-2015 at 09:47 AM.

TOO scarey for me Lynnie. Verizon cut a lot of my channels with their reorganization so I am waiting to change providers.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    the one who played the detective on S&L is the bar keep in the show. she made him a
    'bloody' burger. scared me to bits. not so intriguing as S&L, anyone watch it all the way thru?
    should I catch it in reruns, or will I have nightmares?

I watched it... pretty interesting... especially when the two men met in the rain and one wanted to 'stop' something and the other said that wasn't possible. Its only a 10 episode run and I read where everything would be explained in episode # 5.. I'll continue watching...

mac
    I didn't realize it was on and missed the first half of the show. I recorded the series from the middle of the show on. I hope they will replay it so I can see what I missed.

Blog Entries
    Mac, so far Matt dillion wakes in a weird hospital with no one around, gets out and goes to a diner where the cop from Secrets & Lies
    tends bar. he goes to her house the bar tender, to try and find her and walks into a broken down house with a dead man in the bedroom, that was the first 15 minutes and I got scared and turned it off,. Maybe someone can fill in the next 15 minutes for you. it sounds like one of my nightmares for sure.

mac
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    Mac, so far Matt dillion wakes in a weird hospital with no one around, gets out and goes to a diner where the cop from Secrets & Lies
    tends bar. he goes to her house the bar tender, to try and find her and walks into a broken down house with a dead man in the bedroom, that was the first 15 minutes and I got scared and turned it off,. Maybe someone can fill in the next 15 minutes for you. it sounds like one of my nightmares for sure.
    Thanks for the up-date, it helps piece some things together. Sorry you got scared. M. Night S. can do some pretty scary movies.

Blog Entries
    'm a wimp on scary stuff I was hoping it would be like S&L
    what happened after that? should I give it another try or will it give me the hebe jee bees again?

Just found out I can get it free with my Amazon Prime membership....looks like a good show
    LilaKay...greatgramma to Brielle Mae

I was reading the series when I saw it was going to be on TV. Thought it was going to be a movie so I hurriedly finished the last book in the trilogy only to discover it was going to be a series. Truthfully I would have finished it quickly anyway because I skim the gore pages. Don't need those images living in my head. I enjoyed the story and characters. Should be good...only difference ..in the book Pam is young and totally gorgeous and the son is younger. I'll be watching simply because I have read the books... Amazon's Kindle Unlimited is amazing....have read 62 books since our son gave up the subscription for Christmas...lots of new authors to try. Mostly gave up TV since if I like it they cancel it.

After seeing the post about Wayward Pines, I looked to see if it was automatically recorded with my Dish, and it was so I watched it. Sounds intriguing. I sure hope it does not turn out to be something like The Dome or Extant. We started watching Extant and it just got ridiculous so it isn't on our "radar screen" to watch the second season of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast