Apple Support -

Old 05-28-2018, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Default Apple Support -

Not exactly sure where to put this, but I definitely think it's worth having somewhere -

I have a desktop Mac - and I am not very computer literate - and even if I were, once in a while the computer decides to do something "creative" that even the "experts" find baffling -

Anyway,

When I get stuck using this computer (we bought it in 2014), I can call Apple Support at 800-275-2273 and have someone help me. The service is free!!!!

So far, everyone I have talked to has been very nice and very helpful.

It's helpful to have the serial number of your device handy before you call, because it's asked for every time.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:24 AM

I have always found them to be helpful too. Even the people at the Apple Store are very helpful. One of the reasons I like having the Mac.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:04 PM

I have a Mac and have had to call Apple Support a few times. They are really great.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:42 PM

Apple has great CS & their help at their store is the same.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

I have one of those big desktops too and an iPad and an iPhone. The Apple folks I talk to are always friendly and helpful
Old 05-29-2018, 02:25 AM

Bearisgray, thank you for the Apple information...I just purchased my first IMac and compared to my old HP lap top, I have a lot to learn.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:08 AM

This is one of the reason I have a MAC laptop. I am not good at computers. I just make an appointment at the Apple store and take it in. They explain things in terms I can understand and fix it. They are all so nice and helpful. I have also called support and they walk me thru all of the steps very patiently.
Last year I screwed my DH phone up. I was trying to download a ringtone for him from my computer. It was his favorite and I was trying to surprise him. Somehow, it deleted all of his stuff and put all of my stuff on his phone. I called support and they walked me thru how to get all of his info out of the cloud and fixed it. A few of my photos ended up on his phone. He has no idea what happened. He was asleep during the whole conversation. It took about an hour to fix it all. Then they offered to help me download the ringtone. I laughed and said I should probably leave it alone.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

I have everything Apple. For some reason I thought you had to pay for online support. Glad to know you don't.
I wouldn't have anything else.
We have a family friend who is a tech guy. He's our youngest son's best friend. He's such a help to us!
Old 05-29-2018, 06:43 AM

Well isn't that nice. That's good to know. Once Apple called me and asked if I was trying to buy a $1200 computer in the south side of Chicago. He had the last 4 digits of my credit card that someone was trying to use. Of course I wasn't and was glad he called. He said I should cancel that credit card which I did. After I took care of it, I called him back to thank him.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:40 AM

This information isn't really related, but maybe a good place to give this advise. I have a MAC desktop and it started turning itself off, and I had a terrible time turning it on, as it just wouldn't get past the backlight. Off and on, off and on -- to make a long story short, it wasn't the computer at all. The Power surger where I have it plugged in wore out. FYI, power surgers won't last as long as your computer most likely.