Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: April weight loss challenge

I wasn't able to get my FQ's out this week. I am leaving town tomorrow for 10 days. I won't be home until the 15th. They will be late. I am sorry.

I am doing well with my eating. The scale is slowly moving downward.
    Today I am not feeling that great. I've had a little cough for a few days but today I feel drained. I have so much to get done and am also hosting Easter dinner this afternoon (cause tomorrow we leave in the afternoon to drive to Texas to visit my FIL)
    Eating clean this next 10 days will be difficult. It is a 2, full, day drive to Austin from here, then going to San Angelo and then back home. Traveling with a 3 y/o and a 10 month should make the trip even more interesting. Driving with my daughter and husband. All my other children and grands will be flying into San Angelo to spend time with their grandfather. It will be great to have them all together!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Gayle, safe travels and enjoy your family visit!
    Heather

Gayle, I have a cough too. Have had it for about a week then nose started running a couple of days ago. Last night I took a store brand nyquill. Slept for 9 hours! Much better today. Hopefully it will be gone in a day or 2. Safe travels. The drive could be even longer than expected with the littles along. At least it will probably feel like it!

Blog Entries
    Pam thanks for that recipe. It does sound yummy. My husband picked up some cottage cheese too. Yesterday we both went too long before getting some more food that was healthier so I went over my goal for the day, but today back on track.

Everyone that may be traveling take care and be safe.

We celebrated Easter with the family yesterday. All the fattening food went home with them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mama H View Post
    We celebrated Easter with the family yesterday. All the fattening food went home with them!!!
    That is a way of making sure it is not in the home!
    Anna Quilts

Cool Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Best wishes with staying to good eating habits today. Easter lunch is at my house so I control a lot of the food. It is leg of lamb, a lean ham, asparagus, home grown carrots, mash potatoes (potatoes, water, sea salt and a tiny bit of butter for flavor), home made bread and two types of desserts. Of course there is way too much Easter candy because most of the guests are kids or think they are, 19 people but three are infants. The hardest part for me will be the desserts because two different daughters will be bringing them so I will need to try some else their feelings will be hurt. As long as I stick to one small serving I will be fine. Portion control and choices will be key for me today.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 04-05-2015 at 05:37 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    And we have a tie for March: Jims Gem and Coffeegirl with a huge loss of 8 pounds. Congratulations to both of you. Jims Gem will receive the FQ since you can't win 2 months in a row. Awesome job. Keep up the good work.
    Pat
    Happy Easter everyone. We are heading to my sister's house for dinner. She is not known for her cooking skills. Everyone brings a dish. I made a super chocolatey cake and an angelfood cake trifle. Nothing healthy about them. Portion control will be the key. Back on track in the morning.

Happy Easter everyone!!!
    Hitting the road here in about 15 min. I don't have a tablet, laptop or smartphone so I will be out of communication for the next 10 days!!!
    He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!!! Hallelujah!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Congratulations Jims Gem! Way to go!

Blog Entries
    I am in !!!!!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

I am taking the twins on a field trip and to the park. Any good tips for nice food to take along that won't break the calorie budget?
    Anna Quilts

I'm in again, and I think I already sent my FQ's for the next 3 months. I haven't weighed myself in several weeks, but I know I didn't lose in March. But I do have to get back on the right path - want last years summer clothes to still fit.

Anna, fruits and veggies are always a safe choice. Maybe a turkey sandwich on whole wheat to go with them. I would love to take my DGD to the park/zoo for a picnic but it is only 40 today. A bit chilly for me to have her outside for too long.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday I ate really good and healthy. For the most part I did today too, but just a tad off.

Thanks Pam! I took a sandwich with turkey meat and a little cheese. I was surprised that for 6 slices of turkey meat it was only 90 calories.

Anyone also taking apple cider vinegar when they are dieting? I am taking the Braggs but DD also bought the Heinz. It tastes really bad but it is supposed to help with the flora in your gut.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Anna I ate that turkey meat like that too. Very low in calories, and it's good.

Blog Entries
    I received 3 months of FQ today from : Heart of Dixie, Coffeegirl, Mary Christine, and Pete. I received one month of FQ from Mama H. There are some beautiful FQ here, we had all better work hard.

Blog Entries
    I was bahaving so weel until I stopped at the grocery on the way home. They had samples of cake out so I took one. I ate the whole thing. I don't know why because I don't even like bakery cakes. I also bought a roticary chicken for dinner. I didn't feel like cooking. My DH brought me home a present. The first batch of asparagus from the garden. MMMMM! it was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    Anna I ate that turkey meat like that too. Very low in calories, and it's good.
    I know I was pleasantly surprised. sometimes when I want something I eat 2 or 3 slices so I will not eat something high calorie to snack on. Turkey meat cold cuts really satisfy.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I ate the whole thing. I don't know why because I don't even like bakery cakes................ My DH brought me home a present. The first batch of asparagus from the garden. MMMMM! it was so good.
    I feel your pain. I can eat stuff I do not even like too. Yummy on the asparagus. My son and I keep a vegetable garden. I really enjoy our home grown veggies. The asparagus sound delicious.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Oh I love asparagus. It really helps me to eat small meals, but more often in the day.

With a cup of coffee, I fixed some cucumber slices and to take care of my sweet tooth I put on the plate a tbs of cream cheese.

Feeling discouraged...still eating very healthy but can't seem to lose! In fact, I gained 2 pounds in one day! I realize it's probably mostly water but I really need to see that scale show some results!!!!!

Sounds like everyone is really trying this month. Surprisingly I didn't gain any weight in March and I was really bad. I generally do not eat bread, pasta or cake because of the wheat flour, but I did have all of them in March. Thought for sure I gained a few lbs. but did not and that make me very happy. Now for April, I need to get back on track and go back to my yogurt, turkey/chicken with veggies and avoid potatoes (also ate more potatoes last month than usual). I should lose about 40 lbs to get me to the "ideal" weight for my height, but I would really be happy with losing 20 lbs. I know that would get me down another jean size or maybe two. I tend to carry the weight in my bottom half so I also need to get back to walking now that I don't have to trudge thru snow!!

Good luck everyone

Blog Entries
    Well, today was not one of the planned little meals throughout the day. We went to visit my dad in the nursing home, and took him out to eat. He wanted a chicken dinner, but me and hubby did manage to get a smaller thing. We hadn't eat in a while so that is what got us through. I am now eating a late snack of a granola bar with coffee, and will have stayed within my calories. Oh we did all have a low fat ice cream cone too. We had a great day with dad though. It sure uplifted me.

I almost forgot that my fat (skinny quarter) went out in the mail yesterday.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast