Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: April weight loss challenge

Hopefully it will be a nice day so I can go out on my bike. At least I can't eat while riding.

Here's one way to get through the day without eating too much: I started to clean out one kitchen cupboard and before you knew it, I had most everything out of a whole bunch of cupboards! You know how it goes...while I have everything out I might as well put in new shelf liner, should really wash the glassware that doesn't get used ofter, then might as well reorganize all this stuff...start a pile for trash, pile for Goodwill, pile for sons to check and see if they want...it never ends. Not only did this keep me so busy that I didn't eat a lot, BUT with all the counters full of stuff I really couldn't cook anything either! I'm still working on it today, so it really did take up about 3 days!

Blog Entries
    Coffeegirl that is one way to stop eating. My Dh would come home and order a pizza for dinner and I LOVE pizza. I was back on my plan yesterday, Going to cut out the carbs again. My DIL brought me 2 loaves of homemade bread yesterday. One is bacon, onion, cheddar, the other is some sort of tea bread with apricots.They are delicious. So Yummy. (so bad) She is Japanese, I need to get her to teach me to cook some of the yummy things she makes.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeegirl View Post
    Feeling discouraged...still eating very healthy but can't seem to lose! In fact, I gained 2 pounds in one day! I realize it's probably mostly water but I really need to see that scale show some results!!!!!
    I hear your pain. Two of my daughters are also trying to loose weight. I noticed with our app (loseit.com) that over time it takes away 10 calories on a regular basis. We only use the free part of the app so I am not sure why they do for sure but my DD thinks it is because our basic calorie need is lower as we get skinnier and in order to loose we need to lower the calories a little on a regular basis. They also take into account exercise. So if you exercise you can eat more. So maybe slightly decrease calories and take a walk? I need to exercise.

I can get discouraged at this point. The first two weeks I am loosing and then after that it is slow go. It also seems if I go off for just 2-3 days I gain back what took me 2 weeks to loose.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    My doctor was bringing up to me about the loseit.com , but I already use the livestrong site and then enter in a lot on MyPlate section for calories etc. I can go to the weight goal section and enter in my weight when I weigh, and it helps me with that part too. I use the free one on livestrong too.

I am staying within my calories so far today. I went over a bit yesterday, but I stayed up too late. I have terrible insomnia many nights.

Well...fingers crossed. Today at Walmart i saw the NutriSystem 5 day meal plan - so asked hubby if he wanted it. He's gained almost 60 lbs since quitting smoking - and just can't seem to get with any routine. He said yes - so this next week will hopefully be a good one for him - and me - as i can have my big salads every night! Fingers crossed.
    Will get my FQs out this week....but in the meantime here's a little bit more spring for every one. Should have waited till after i weeded and mulched to take the photo, but.....Name:  clematis.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  755.3 KB
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
    Well...fingers crossed. Today at Walmart i saw the NutriSystem 5 day meal plan - so asked hubby if he wanted it. He's gained almost 60 lbs since quitting smoking - and just can't seem to get with any routine. He said yes - so this next week will hopefully be a good one for him - and me - as i can have my big salads every night! Fingers crossed.
    Will get my FQs out this week....but in the meantime here's a little bit more spring for every one. Should have waited till after i weeded and mulched to take the photo, but.....Name:  clematis.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  755.3 KB
    penniF lovely spring picture. Best wishes with the weight loss plans.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    My doctor was bringing up to me about the loseit.com , but I already use the livestrong site and then enter in a lot on MyPlate section for calories etc. I can go to the weight goal section and enter in my weight when I weigh, and it helps me with that part too. I use the free one on livestrong too.

I am staying within my calories so far today. I went over a bit yesterday, but I stayed up too late. I have terrible insomnia many nights.
    I'll have to look into it JuneBillie. Free is good.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I am feeling discouraged too. I gained 2 lbs at Easter and am having a tough time taking it back off. Started walking hope that this will help.
    dlprecisionquilting.com

Blog Entries
    what is loseit.com Is it a tracking system for calories
    dlprecisionquilting.com

Blog Entries
    Maybe I am starting..finally! My DH offerred me a piece of his KitKat and I said NO!!!!! I received so much candy for Easter - decided on one small or half (depending on size) a day. Sugar free jelly beans - maybe 4?? Wish me luck.

See my Rheumatologist this week and I know I gained! Thank goodness it is not my Cardiologist.
    Had a bad rain storm in the middle of the night and I am hurting so bad...off to bed instead of cleaning my studio.

Luck to all.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    Beautiful spring flowers.

Yes from what I could tell it is for counting calories, and sort of making a plan. I like Livestrong, because it has that plus a lot of articles too that can be encouraging along with recipes.

PenniF I hope your husband finds something that works for him too.

Blog Entries
    I recieved 2 pretty FQ today for April from JuneBillie and Iraxy.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by heart of Dixie View Post
    what is loseit.com Is it a tracking system for calories
    Yes and there are some other things you can do with it like set a goal. I use the free part but if you pay about $40 a year you can get other features. It has really helped me to see what I am doing by eating or not eating certain things. You can maybe try it and check it out or atleast the free part.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by heart of Dixie View Post
    I am feeling discouraged too. I gained 2 lbs at Easter and am having a tough time taking it back off. Started walking hope that this will help.
    Cheering you on. I definitely need to add some more movement.
    Anna Quilts

I can't believe the month is half over! I better get some results going soon...

Good morning, y'all. I stopped in to see how you are doing and see how to keep my weight from going back up - it has started to creep a little. I went to loseit.com. If I want to lose 1.5 pounds a week, I get 924 calories a day. That seems restrictive to me. My mindset has been to never go below 1200. I didn't think it was advisable to do so as it's hard to get sufficient nutrients in your diet below 1200 calories. The site probably won't help me as I do better restricting carbs than counting calories. I can't eat many carbs and lose weight. I finished the bean soup so now to get rid of the cookies and curtail my candy habit so I can get back on track.

The clematis are lovely. I am envious of the longer growing seasons some areas have. I've still got ice in some of my gardens, but at least the ice the lake opened up this week. I have some serious quilting to do just when it getting flower season. Two weddings, two showers and two babies. The baby quilts are pieced and are on the machine for quilting. One baby quilt is finished and delivered. I finally had a new great granddaughter so I could do a pink one. Nice after several boys. MQC Falling Charms turned out cute. I'll see if the pic will post. Name:  0315151352.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  1.87 MBHey, it worked. First one from my camera. Wishing you all a good, healthy eating day.

Blog Entries
    Irishrose2 that is a very pretty baby quilt. I have got to make one for a girl at the gp's office where I go, but it's not due until November so I have plenty of time. On the other hand, I am thinking of what coffeegirl said, that April is half over. It's like I want to say, Stop! lol...

Today was easy to stay on track with my calories due to feeling a bit queezy.

Another website that might be helpful is www.myfitnesspal.com I used it last year and lost weight since it helped me monitor my calorie intake and exercise. However, I haven't used it in several months--maybe I should start again!

Sounds like several people are getting back on track--that's great! I haven't been snacking in-between meals but haven't resumed the exercise like I should.

Pat, I realized yesterday that I hadn't sent you my FQs yet. I will check my stash and try to get them in the mail in the next few days.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    I received 3 pretty FQ from AnnaQuilts. Today was apparently dessert day at work. I was a bad girl. I have some really good strawberry pie. Someone brought a gorgeous chocolate cake. It is from a bakery, the baker is from Greece. OH MY was it good. I think it was iced with chocolate mousse. It was almost too pretty to eat. Back on the wagon tomorrow.
    Today was a busy day at school I was covering my schedule and someone elses again today. I had 7500 steps in by the time I left school.

Blog Entries
    I did good yesterday, and so far today. I have to eat little meals, but more of them over the span of the day. It works better for me keeping my hunger away. I have days though that I eat a full meal, and then have the 3.

Meanmom those goodies at school sound yummy, but it's a great thing when we can learn to say what you did about tomorrow back on the wagon. I always say that we might not lose for that one day if we go over, but we usually don't gain either when we go right back on the wagon. If I could just do that all the time, I would do good.

Well...thought i would update.....we have been VERY good this week - DH using the Nutrisystem box and me doing my WW faithfully. I know i've mentioned that i usually only weigh myself on the first and last day of the month - otherwise i tend to get too discouraged......but we both weighed ourselves Monday morning when we got up....and again this morning -- he's lost 3 pounds and i've lost 2. He has 1 more day of the NS plan stuff....but WW frozen meals were on sale yesterday so bought enough for about 4 days for both of us. I walked a bit Tues and Weds...and of course he rides his bike every day.
    Anyway...i am VERY excited and motivated --- and just wanted to share.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Blog Entries
    I have been able to walk 1 mile and keep my calories under 1200 for the past 3 days. Hoping to lose at least 1 lbs this week. Even if I don't I know that the walking is good for me and its so nice out right now.
    dlprecisionquilting.com

Blog Entries
    PenniF that is great news for you and hubby.

heart of Dixiie you also have great news.

I can say that my motivation is going well. It's been a long time since I had any.

Have a great day everyone, and so much encouragement on here.

It sounds like you are having a good month, JuneBillie.

I have to go out to eat twice tomorrow. Help me remember it's about the company, not the food!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast