Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: April weight loss challenge

Thx for the encouragement everyone! Had company last night and will again tonight...whew! So far I'm sticking to my eating plan but I do need to increase the water. Ddrinking water isn't my thing, but it's so important. If the darn weather ever warms up the water will seem more appealing, lol! Hang in there everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeegirl View Post
    Thx for the encouragement everyone! Had company last night and will again tonight...whew! So far I'm sticking to my eating plan but I do need to increase the water. Ddrinking water isn't my thing, but it's so important. If the darn weather ever warms up the water will seem more appealing, lol! Hang in there everyone!
    I often drink luke warm or warm water, just like tea but without the tea. Or maybe a diluted green tea would work? I know, the last thing you feel like when it is cold is a glass of cold water.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I received 3 months of FQ today from JimsGem, PamH, and Raggiemom. There are some really beautiful Fq here for someone to win. Not going to be me.
    Pat

I blew it on Thursday night. My friend had her birthday and another friend took us all to the Cheese Cake factory. There were three adults and my twin girls and we shared three desserts. Still I manage to eat probably over 600 Calories. Sigh...
    I was so hungry yesterday. I wonder if that was because I ate so much sugar or just because I over ate my calories that I have been at since the beginning of the month, 1200 daily. I did drink black coffee.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Pat I have never done yoga. How does it help? Would it be good for fibromyalgia?

Cindy my son and daughter in law use the online WW program. They have a cheat day.

I am doing good, but have my moments. I've got to get to the store to pick up a few more things. We found this bread that is a big help. It is 7grain whole wheat, and it's like 3 slices for 135 calories. So that is 45 calories per slice, but they are a bit smaller than normal. I still can make a great sandwich using them though. They had them this last time we went to this little fruit/vegetable market. I also love anything with onions and sweet green peppers.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Pat you are still in my prayers for your surgery.

Blog Entries
    Susan I don't know a lot about Fibromyalgia. Yoga is all gentle movements and stretching. It is a good workout but gentle. It is also very relaxing. My only problem with yoga is that I come home so relaxed I have a hard time doing anything for the rest of the evening. THere are aparently many different types of yoga. I like my instructor she really is good with taking in to account all of our joint issues. Check out some classes and see if they are right for you. I am 57 and might be the youngest in my class. I looked at a class several years ago, it was all young people. It didn't look like a good one for me. The instructor would have worked with me I am sure. Not sure I would have been comfortable with that group.
    My knee replacement is Monday. I have been off of all of my meds all week in preparation for surgery. Man can I tell. I went to several stores today and my knee was pretty sore by the time I was heading home. I decided I couldn't ( or didn't want to) stand in front of the stove and cook so I stopped for Chipotle. I love it.
    My GS 2nd birthday party is tomorrow. I made him a quilt covered with monsters. They all have big eyes. It is so cute. It isn't quilted yet. Not sure if I will do it of have it longarmed.
    Pat

I like gentle yoga but I went to a class a few years ago that almost killed me. It was intense. I pulled a muscle and was miserable for too many days.
    You are the same age as me, Pat. Sometimes it feels really old. LOL Good luck with your surgery. I will be praying all goes well and that you have a quick recovery.
    How big do you make your baby quilts? The one I'm making is 40x40 and I am debating whether to add another border or not. I'm thinking of backing it with minky. Does anyone do that? I'm thinking it wouldn't need batting then. Do you use a regular cotton binding or pull the minky around to the front for the binding?
    Pat, can you show us a pic of your quilt? Sounds cute!

Blog Entries
    I just posted the May thread so din't forget to sign up. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...s-t264495.html also don't forget to PM me your weight loss for April. I might be late declaring the winner.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    I like gentle yoga but I went to a class a few years ago that almost killed me. It was intense. I pulled a muscle and was miserable for too many days.
    You are the same age as me, Pat. Sometimes it feels really old. LOL Good luck with your surgery. I will be praying all goes well and that you have a quick recovery.
    How big do you make your baby quilts? The one I'm making is 40x40 and I am debating whether to add another border or not. I'm thinking of backing it with minky. Does anyone do that? I'm thinking it wouldn't need batting then. Do you use a regular cotton binding or pull the minky around to the front for the binding?
    Pat, can you show us a pic of your quilt? Sounds cute!
    Just jumping in with regards to the minky and baby quilt size. I think 40 in. is big enough and the minky back would be well received by the parents of the baby. I would roll the minky to the front unless you find it a bit bulky then I would add regular binding.
    Anna Quilts

Thanks, Anna!

On the home stretch for April, good luck everyone!

Blog Entries
    I had my knee replacement yesterday. Things went fine. It is a little bit sore today but they have drugs for that. I just walked up and down the hall. Now it is pretty sore. At least I can get out of bed now, my back was so sore from aying in bed all day yesterday. My back actually hurt worse last night than my knee. The food here isn't too bad. My DD just brought my 2 GS to visit. They brought me Panera for luch.
    Pat

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Praying for a swift and successful recovery!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

So glad to hear all went well!

Glad to hear you're doing well. Speedy recovery!

Hope everyone is doing well. Don't think I'll be a winner this month, I did lose some but from what I've read there are some people doing quite well. Good luck, only a few more days to go.

Blog Entries
    I am so glad you are doing well after your knee surgery. It is nice to have that behind you now. I almost dread when I weigh, because I started out great, but I have had my days of not as good. I guess I will see.

Good luck everyone.

Blog Entries
    My knee is doing pretty well. I have walked the loop here at the hospital 3x today. 350 feet they tell me. I also am using a CPM machine, the machine that continuously bends and straightens your knee. I was having muscle spasms from it this morning. I am going to try it again here shortly. I am supposed to use it 6 to 8 hours a day. Hopefuly it won't spasm again, if it does the DR has prescribed muscle relaxers.
    Everyone keep up the good work. I am going home tomorrow.
    Pat

Pat, it sounds like you are doing well. My two oldest daughters have each had both knees replaced and have done well. If the muscle spasms continue see if you can have some magnesium. I always have spasms after surgery from the weird positions they put you in to get at the parts they want to work on. Magnesium malate really works, but plain magnesium will help. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Even doing well, it isn't easy.

May go over and sigh up for May. I won't win, but it would be worth a FQ to stop my sudden weight gain, lose what I've gained and get back on track. If no one minds, of course.

I'm binding the baby quilts and pulling fabrics for another Spicy Spiral table runner, but right now it's time to take the dogs out. The Siberian mix can say, "Walk" and she will yell it pretty soon so I need to get ahead of her.

Blog Entries
    Pat it does sound like you are coming along well. But, painful just the same. Get rest when your not doing the bending etc.

Pat, hope you made it home today and the spasms have stopped.
    Heather

Well, overall, I did not do well this week. Really disappointed in myself. I thought I was ready to get back on track. But I'm not giving up. I'll try to get myself in the right frame of mind today. I'm also really sore and didn't get myself down in the floor to stretch this morning so I'll feel it all day at work, probably.

I am SO sorry. I never mailed my 3 FQs last weekend. I promise I'll get them in the mail tomorrow, so if you're able to wait a couple of days, Pat, before mailing out April's winnings mine can be included. If I miss you, I can mail directly to the winner.

I spent last Sunday getting my Dear Jane blocks organized. Now I can, hopefully, get my dining room table cleaned off. I am hosting my book club for June. It feels good to get the DJ project organized again - it had fallen into chaos!! LOL

Have a good day everyone.

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone. I could have come home from the hospital on Wednesday but I stayed until Thursday. I didn't think my Dh would give me the kind of help I would have needed on Wednesday so I stayed an extra day. The nurses and PCA's were all really nice. My nurse on Thursday was my least favorite. She was lazy. I desperately needed a shower, She said I couldn't because the water gets all over the floor and was too hard to clean up! I was pissed ( and gross dirty) My DD said I should have reported her to the charge nurse. If I hadn't been going home in a few hours I would have. The first thing I did when I got home was take a shower, I felt so much better.
    I will be late mailing out the FQ as I can't get to the post office. Don't forget to PM me your loss. I have heard from a few.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Pat just be sure and take your time with things at home. It is a time for you to be waited on, but I know you have certain things you will have to do for your recovery too.

Blog Entries
    Sorry - I forgot to check in -- maybe because I did not lose.

Meanmom - hope you are doing ok. Any bone surgery hurts, especially weight bearing bones.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast