Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I'm not playing again this month. I have increased my calorie intake and have slowed my weight loss to about 4 pounds a month. I want to lose 30 more pounds, but I'm tired of a highly restricted diet, to continue to lose weight at the rate I was, I would have to cut to around 800 calories. So I figure a pound a week is great. When it gets a bit warmer I could increase my exercise and maybe speed things up a bit.

I am happy with how far I have come. I have maintained a healthy eating regiment for about one year now! I have not binged once this year (unless you count overeating on salad.) This is a real milestone for me, I would eat thousands of calories in a sitting. This year my highest caloric intake was about 2,400 calories.
Awesome!!! I'm so impressed! What an inspiration. (It CAN be done!)
Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I'm not playing again this month. I have increased my calorie intake and have slowed my weight loss to about 4 pounds a month. I want to lose 30 more pounds, but I'm tired of a highly restricted diet, to continue to lose weight at the rate I was, I would have to cut to around 800 calories. So I figure a pound a week is great. When it gets a bit warmer I could increase my exercise and maybe speed things up a bit.

I am happy with how far I have come. I have maintained a healthy eating regiment for about one year now! I have not binged once this year (unless you count overeating on salad.) This is a real milestone for me, I would eat thousands of calories in a sitting. This year my highest caloric intake was about 2,400 calories.
Awesome!!! I'm so impressed! What an inspiration. (It CAN be done!)
Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Thank you for welcoming back this oldie (but I'm going to be a goodie). Already with your encouragement I was able to resist temptation yesterday at work. Since the Pharmaceutical reps aren't allowed to give away pens, pads, bags, etc, they bring in food. Yesterday they brought in warm sticky buns, choc covered pretzels, and cookies and a patient brought in Pistachio cake. Guess who didn't eat ANY of the goodies!!!! ME!!!! I know it was only one day but I felt accountable to all of you and it helped me stick with water and a 100 calorie snack midmorning. Had tuna and fresh fruit for lunch and toast for supper. Okay, only 29 more days to go and hopefully 8-10 pounds gone.
Keep kicking my ass ladies-if this doesn't work, break out the duct tape and tape my mouth shut.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Therese
Originally Posted by janRN
Thank you for welcoming back this oldie (but I'm going to be a goodie). Already with your encouragement I was able to resist temptation yesterday at work. Since the Pharmaceutical reps aren't allowed to give away pens, pads, bags, etc, they bring in food. Yesterday they brought in warm sticky buns, choc covered pretzels, and cookies and a patient brought in Pistachio cake. Guess who didn't eat ANY of the goodies!!!! ME!!!! I know it was only one day but I felt accountable to all of you and it helped me stick with water and a 100 calorie snack midmorning. Had tuna and fresh fruit for lunch and toast for supper. Okay, only 29 more days to go and hopefully 8-10 pounds gone.
Keep kicking my ass ladies-if this doesn't work, break out the duct tape and tape my mouth shut.
What horrible temptation!! I think I'd rather have a pen, darn it. Excellent willpower on your part!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Banned

I have never done this in pst months on the thread however I think it would be nice for the newbies that weight loss can be done so the oldies if you would like to post how much you have lost it will be an insentive to the others.
thanks

I have lost 35 lb!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:54 PM

trupeach1, Are you REALLY at Dairy Queen eating a hot fudge sundae? Maybe you are out on a walk instead...heehee!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I have never done this in pst months on the thread however I think it would be nice for the newbies that weight loss can be done so the oldies if you would like to post how much you have lost it will be an insentive to the others.
thanks

I have lost 35 lb!!!!!!!!
Great job, 35 pounds!!!!! Now I feel like I shouldn't have given you a hard time!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Had a yummy supper - a veggie burger w/ salsa and a peas/corn "just for one" veggie dish. It was yummy, but tonight's the big game (GO BIG BLUE!!!!!) and I'm quite sure I'll want to eat more watching the CATS win! LOL - can you tell who I want to win? :-). I may finish off the other veggie burger in the freezer with more salsa - that was a good way to eat it :-).

Did not make it to the gym this morning. By the time I got all of my paperwork taken care of for the errands I needed to run, it was close to 11 and I did not want to run into the next town to go to the gym. Plus they close at two on Saturdays, so it would have been cutting it close once I got my errands done, since some of the places close at 12 and I couldn't put them off. Because the gym is a church ministry, it's closed tomorrow, but I should make it on Monday.

I ended up running by the library when I was finished at the post office and spent the afternoon dozing/reading a book. First time in awhile I've let myself do that! I got 3 movies to watch and some other books to read while I was there.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:02 PM

I am in this sounds fun
Old 04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My loss was 35 lbs. Then thanks to steroids I put 10 back on. I feel like I am staring over.