aprons

Old 01-07-2018, 04:53 AM

Default aprons

In the past I have seen people asking for apron patterns and this showed up in one of my newsletters so maybe there would be something there that would work.
Lynda
http://www.sewpin.com/aprons.html
Old 01-07-2018, 05:00 AM

I still wear my apron when baking. I made aprons over the years for the grands, and last "cookie day" in December, the all showed up wearing ones I had forgotton about. They were so cute. I'm glad that I kept that tradition going......
Old 01-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Some great patterns on that site. Bookmarked one as I keep telling myself I really need to get in the habit of wearing one to stop ruining clothing!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:53 AM

a member asked a few days ago for good ideas for bazaar tables. There are a couple of these (aprons with tops) that I would pay whatever they were asking. Or what someone selling here put them up for

I'd rather crawl over splintery wood that make a small project
Old 01-07-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
a member asked a few days ago for good ideas for bazaar tables. There are a couple of these (aprons with tops) that I would pay whatever they were asking. Or what someone selling here put them up for

I'd rather crawl over splintery wood that make a small project
The one I really liked on this site was a bit tedious in the printing of the pattern (25 pieces of paper I think) but then you cut out one piece of fabric; sewed 2 small shoulder seams and then one giant hem around the whole piece. No ties; no waistbands; etc. My kind of project!
Old 01-08-2018, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
The one I really liked on this site was a bit tedious in the printing of the pattern (25 pieces of paper I think) but then you cut out one piece of fabric; sewed 2 small shoulder seams and then one giant hem around the whole piece. No ties; no waistbands; etc. My kind of project!
I like that one, too. I made a dress for my daughter many moons ago like that but had buttons at the shoulder. I found a pattern recently at a thrift store recently for an adult size. I checked the reviews and they aren't very favorable. http://www.simplicity.com/simplicity...ants/1133.html

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
I like that one, too. I made a dress for my daughter many moons ago like that but had buttons at the shoulder. I found a pattern recently at a thrift store recently for an adult size. I checked the reviews and they aren't very favorable. http://www.simplicity.com/simplicity...ants/1133.html

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
That is a really cute top! Hmmm. Even with the bad review I might have to look into that. Would work very well for a couple of DH's work functions that I need to attend in the warm weather.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:03 AM

I love aprons! I need to make more... Looks like there are some fun patterns here.

My quilt group makes the "men's shirt" aprons, but they take the cuffs from the sleeves, with a coordinating fabric, to make little front pockets. They are adorable!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

I don't remember one day of my childhood that my Mom didn't have an apron on. She hasn't worn one in years now
but I love the memories! She lived in the kitchen!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:40 PM

I love aprons, especially the full ones! Thanks for the pattern link. I use denim for the skirt of mine, and a pretty matching cotton for the top. It wears well and survives all I do!

Last edited by NZquilter; 01-09-2018 at 02:42 PM.