Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2012 weight loss adventure with a prize >

August 2012 weight loss adventure with a prize

August 2012 weight loss adventure with a prize

Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Maybe it's because it is summer time and we are all busy doing various things and going various places. I have been around, just not "talkative"
I am not doing as well with my eating this summer. I am going to do better!!!
Sat thru another nutrition class at my Endocrinologist's office. I am motivated! I need to eat better and get exercise!!
DH and I walked around the block Saturday for the first time since my foot surgery. About an hour afterward my foot started throbbing. Yesterday I had to use my cane to get around at church and home. Fortunately it is doing better today but maybe I shouldn't go walking yet. It was only 8/10 of a mile. I started therapy, finally, last week, just got home from my second visit a few minutes ago. I just want to be able to walk!!!!!
I am up for continuing. I will endeavor to post more often instead of just reading the posts!
Thanks for all you do Cindy!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:49 PM

I have decided I need to get serious again about weight loss. I have been at basically the same weight all summer. I signed up at the gym today. I worked out with weights etc. I hope I can get out of bed tomorrow. I am meeting with a personal trainer on Wednesday. I feel like I don't even know what I should do to get in shape.
I just found out I am going to be a grandma again. This will be my second granbaby. My daughter is only about 5 weeks along. She hasn't told anyone else yet. Not even my husband. I'm not allowed to tell anyone, it is killing me.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:03 PM

meanmom, i'm so excited for you! when i found out about my dgd this is the first place i came to share the news i was forbidden to tell!
cindy--i think we should continue the thread, even if it's just a few of us. it's nice to know you are all here, and a good place to get support and "attagirl" pats on the back. maybe it's time to stop the fq prize. and just lose for the glory of losing! jmho.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Taboo Tues. a little early.... will be gone tomorrow. No Red Meat. I know some of you will hate me!!!!! Good Luck!
PamS
Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM

Hey all, how does a month go by so fast? Have been so busy with stuff I haven't been able to spend time here.
I would love to see this continue with or without FQ.
Have been doing ok with eating but need to do even better. Keep up the good work all and don't forget to drink plenty of water.
Gail
Old 08-27-2012, 05:57 PM

No Red Meat!!! You can't do that to us!!!!
Not sure if I can follow that one. I will make an effort, at least at the beginning.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 PM

I know that is a bad one.... almost as bad a soda's or pop... whatever you all call it.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 PM

now, this would have been great for the past 2 weeks when i couldn't eat solids! i'm craving chewy protein! guess i can try chicken and fish. is the salmon running? i would love some nice bright wild salmon! guess it's more natural p'nut butter for me! ooo, and eggs! i could have egg salad, or scrambled eggs. wish i could get up and cook right now!!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Nancia
for Breakfast every day I scramble up 2 eggs and toss in a little cubed ham but add onion, red bell pepper, broccoli and spinach and top it off with my homemade salsa. I get in at least 1 to 1 1/2 cups of veggies in. Would make a great dinner!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pam 304 View Post
I know that is a bad one.... almost as bad a soda's or pop... whatever you all call it.
I don't drink anything except water or hot tea and once glass of orange juice with some MSM in it a day. Don't drink soft drinks or anything like that so that one is very easy for me!!!