Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2012 weight loss adventure with a prize >

August 2012 weight loss adventure with a prize

August 2012 weight loss adventure with a prize

Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilter View Post
Is it just me, or does the Fat Free and Low Fat stuff taste terrible? I'd rather just limit my intake than east that stuff. I bought a bottle of Blue Cheese dressing...fat free....was watery. Won't buy that again.

Oh, and the cheese thing..........totally a downfall for me!! I LOVE CHEESE. But I'm trying to be good and limit it. If I went on a Liver diet I'd be really really skinny by now....I HATE LIVER!!! LOL.
I wont buy any low fat or ff dressings, I have found that if i get my dressing on the side or when at home measure out a small portion i do good. To me those dressing do me in, coz they are using more fake ingredients that coz more problems than the real stuff.

Liver will not pass my lips either.....YUK!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 AM

Taboo Tues. This week the tabbo is no rice.
Pam S
Old 08-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Okay, now you've done it Pam. I love rice! I will be in withdrawals before the week is out. I have tried brown rice which I didn't like and fix white rice about 3 times per week. On to noodles, I guess. Went out to lunch with some friends (one of them had had surgery and we were celebrating her recovery). Had an open faced sandwich with veggies. For dinner, I just had a protein drink. I am trying that to fill me up without filling me out. My weight has been pretty steady on the same figure - need to knock it down a digit or two or three. Good Luck CreateFour with your recent loss and may there be more coming off. Good luck everyone with the losses.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]357139[/ATTACH]Greetings!!! Cindy - way to go. I thought it would be much easier to eat healthy with DH on the road and Mom in the memory unit, but it isn't. My church service group served a funeral today. All the bars and cookies looked so good, so had a couple. Thank goodness we were busy, or else the eating would have been worse. But then I went to see Mom and not having the big veggie salads that I have been used to really did me in for supper. Tomorrow is another day - will start fresh again.

Tonight I am working on a scrapy top for the quilting ladies of the church. They make quilts for 3rd world countries. So when I have a lot of scraps piling up I start sewing squares. Make them 20 1/2 " square - top is to be 60" x 80". So I will finish putting this together tomorrow and take to them on Thursday.
Attached Thumbnails scrapy-church-top-001.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 PM

i have 2 quilts a friend la'd for me and i need to get them bound. new sofa coming on saturday so old loveseat goes out friday. oooo, i'm so excited! had my first solid food tonight-- pb&j, made by dh. the crust was difficult, but the rest tasted terrific. so soft foods for awhile longer.pout! i need to go get the stitches out. the way my teeth roots grow i always lose bone with the tooth. takes some longer to recupe.
cindy-- you are inspiring! i should be losing, but puddings and milkshakes are not lowcal, even if they are all i eat. salad is beginning to sound fantastic, and i'm missing fresh jersey corn! y'all probably don't know, but it's the BEST corn ever!
i'm sending fabric for a boomerang and have started an amish style dq. i owe a lovely woman a needle case so will get that one done pronto, AND i need to sandwich olivia's quilt. heavens, with the rain and temps in the 80's she's probably freezing!
just a quick health reminder! don't forget your shingles shot and importantly, your flu shot! better than the disease!! stay healthy, cool and hydrated!! water, water everywhere, and all for us to drink!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 AM

Nancia, you poor, poor girl. I hope you get that mouth healed up soon. Could you use a blender or food processor to make some kind of corn chowder out of that fresh Jersey corn? I need to try that corn because if it is better than Iowa or Wisconsin sweetcorn that must really be something!
It finally cooled off in WI so where am I? In Texas! Since the house hasn't sold yet, I came down to pack up some of the things we want from the house. I guess I came to trim some bushes too. Wowie, they look horrible. I'm pretty sure that is what scared off the woman who looked at the house on monday. Hubby will get here this weekend so he will do most of it but I will at least clear a pathway to get to the front door. Hubby moves into his apartment 9/1 so we will drive a u-haul up with bedroom furniture and some stuff he needs. I am NOT looking forward to that trip.
For some reason I want to eat healthy and get exercise when I am here. Must be from my new outlook on life when I was here last winter. Have a healthy eating day, everyone. I am off to hack at some jungle plants before it gets too hot.

Last edited by Pam H; 08-22-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 PM

i know at least one side of my jaw is healing. the other , not so much. but honestly, some people are never happy! who among us wouldn't just love to have their fill of milkshakes and chocolate pudding, and applesauce and pb&j sandwiches, oh, and chef boyardee mini ravioli? i'm so lucky and i'm grumping! right now if i could eat some fresh jersey corn, it would be coming out my ears!! soon........ i'm sure iowa and wisconcin have delicious sweet corn, too. but i will say there has to be something about the soil. the tomatoes, corn and peaches, in particular are stellar! and the berries, yum! i can eat raspberries, i think. man, i just want to be able to eat a big ol' mesquite grilled sirloin, medium rare. or a jumbo all beef hot dog. i can see where this is going, lol, and it's no place good! 8-)
Old 08-23-2012, 02:42 AM

Good morning ladies. I've really been slacking with my posts this month. Hope everyone is doing ok with their way of life change to shed some extra fluff. I'm still working on my "Lone Star", thought it was done, but measured after ironing and need to figure out something else to add without taking away from it......ughh. Well it's back to the paperwork time now. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM

wow what a quiet group we have been. I am wondering if we need to continue, we don't have the following we once did. And I know life does tend to get in the way. Would love some input on what you guys want to do.

I do know that if we do continue, instead of mailing the FQ's to me at the beginning of, will be mailing to the winner at the end of the month like we use to. I have 4 months that i need to mail to winners. I am sorry I havent mailed them out. I hope to be able to mail them this week.

Please give me some input on what you guys want.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM

It is pretty sad how few posts are made. It does seem to be dying out. We used to have 6 pages by day 2 or 3 and that's all we have for this whole month. Of course there used to be 70 or so people sign up for the contest and some of them were pretty chatty. Maybe it is time to put an end to it. Sorry this has been a burden for you, Cindy....with all you have going on in your life. How did your job interview go?