Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
AWWWW...the farm life...or is it actually PPPP-UUUUU?? >

AWWWW...the farm life...or is it actually PPPP-UUUUU??

AWWWW...the farm life...or is it actually PPPP-UUUUU??

Old 06-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

OH MY!!! That is A LOT of damage!!! I am soooo sorry!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

amma, that was nice to let your neighbors run their horses on your pasture, you must have had nice neighbors. My nosey cows usually come running when they see me weeding the flowers and garden. Funny, they do eat the corn stalks, but they don't just love them...I guess we spoil them too much and like everything else around here...they are too fat.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:48 PM

...I guess we spoil them too much and like everything else around here...they are too fat.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Sounds like ours....then someone told us that goats eat everything, ha, they get as picky as the cattle.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 PM

So glad the skunks didn't getcha! Sounds like quite a storm. Hope you get everything back to normal soon.

What kind of corn do you plant? My dh is a corn addict and always trying new kinds.....men.......sheesh......... :wink:
Old 06-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Oh Marcia....I was introduced to the BEST sweet corn I've ever eaten...its called Ambrosia and is only available at our local co-op...but it just melts in your mouth and is very tender and sooo sweet! Its a bi-color, germinates in 5 days..matures quickly and is sooo delicious! I gave some away to some friends and her DH ate it before she could even cook it! I planted early hoping that I can make 2 crops....I did last year.
quiltwoman...I told Marcia earlier in this thread..here is the info...you really should see if you can find it..you would still have time to make a crop this year with it!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Patti - you have such a GREAT attitude. :wink: I'm not sure I would be able to tell that story so people could laugh at it! I have this picture in my head of baby skunks running to you yelling "Save me! Save me!" after their mama has skipped out on them to save her own a-s-s. I was ROFLMAO.

And then I continued reading, and I came to Terri, 8 month preggers, when her cat runs into of a skunk, and manages to GET INTO THE HOUSE. Terri - NOW I was so helpless, I had to stuff my fist in my mouth so I wouldn't wake up DH - he ALWAYS goes to sleep just before I find the funniest thread.

I'm still snorting'. Good thing I didn't have a soda. I've started taking my own advice and put plastic wrap on my keyboard whenever I read one of these threads - JUST IN CASE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Patti - you have such a GREAT attitude. :wink: I'm not sure I would be able to tell that story so people could laugh at it! I have this picture in my head of baby skunks running to you yelling "Save me! Save me!" after their mama has skipped out on them to save her own a-s-s. I was ROFLMAO.

And then I continued reading, and I came to Terri, 8 month preggers, when her cat runs into of a skunk, and manages to GET INTO THE HOUSE. Terri - NOW I was so helpless, I had to stuff my fist in my mouth so I wouldn't wake up DH - he ALWAYS goes to sleep just before I find the funniest thread.

I'm still snorting'. Good thing I didn't have a soda. I've started taking my own advice and put plastic wrap on my keyboard whenever I read one of these threads - JUST IN CASE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joanne, lol!!!! I'll have to remember the fist trick, the next time i get tickled and hubby is asleep, then I should be good to go. I am depend-ent :wink: on the other end :oops:
(I get a good belly laugh sometimes, reading about how you guys, get a good laugh!. This board is like the funny papers!)
Old 06-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

Well, Joanne and QnC...

snort..giggle...snort... so glad to be of service! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-17-2009, 04:32 AM

Wow Patti! That is some damage!

Oh Joanne...I have tons of stories!
One of these days, we will meet up over coffee and I can tell you a bunch of them. Like the time I hid in the bedroom and scared hubby when he came up to bed....lmao!!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I'd like to be in on that coffee too! LOL!
OK! :)