Baby kitties

Old 05-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I love this story, bc I am living in one, just like it, littlehud. How about that?
Daughter went outside for something, and heard a meow. She has four, soon to be five, in house, kitties, so it kind of startled her. Hers are all declawed and spayed or neutered...top notch treatment...not sure, if she can have human children...
so she looks around, and here comes a cat, and stops, and looks back, and Brandy realized, she was trying to tell her something, so she follows her, back to a hole, and there were three kittens in there.
They moved mama and babies, to their shed, put in a light, and a fan, and plenty of food and water, for mama, and made her and babies all comfy with a rug, in a basket, etc.
One little white kitten went to a neighbor. I got there, just after, and Brandy was crying. She really loves cats.
one little gray and white, boy kitty, is going to a trusted co-worker. She will not let them go to just anyone.
She is keeping, the last kitten, all white, with a dusting of gray on top of head, and mama kitty, is coming to my house, to live with me, hubby and BC, our lone kitty, bc our other kitty, Marble, moved away, about two months ago.
Hope, I didn't steal your post. I just had to share this with you. Feel like kin. Now I am going to be my grandkitties, mama, too! :D
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. I love hearing about people who help our homeless animals that need us.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

you are so welcome, and i do worry, sometimes, that ppl will be a little put off, with my chatter,
but 1-I am relating to what they are saying, and want to support them.
2-I have yacked away on a post, long before I even realize that some may think I shouldn't do that.
Most of the time, I don't think about it at all, bc that is the way I am wired. My dad's side of the family are all longwinded, so I came by it honest. I just love ppl, and love to talk, and this seems like the best place in the world to do both. hugs, littlehud, from one kitty cat lover, to another. :wink:
Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
you are so welcome, and i do worry, sometimes, that ppl will be a little put off, with my chatter,
but 1-I am relating to what they are saying, and want to support them.
2-I have yacked away on a post, long before I even realize that some may think I shouldn't do that.
Most of the time, I don't think about it at all, bc that is the way I am wired. My dad's side of the family are all longwinded, so I came by it honest. I just love ppl, and love to talk, and this seems like the best place in the world to do both. hugs, littlehud, from one kitty cat lover, to another. :wink:
I can listen to you forever. Keep talkin' girl.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:39 PM

Great end to a great story!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 AM

Hi All:
I just found this thread and wanted to put in my 2 cents. THANK YOU everyone who get involved in the pathetic lives of homeless animals. These poor animals are at the mercy of every kind of people ...caring, loving, conserned folks but also the cruel and awful ones who walk amongst us, too. I have worked (AS A VOLUNTEER) for our local Catlink Animal Rescue program for the past 8 + years. We foster kitties for the shelter, nurse them back to health, socialize them and help find perfect, adoptive forever homes for them.

WHAT CAN YOU DO? If each person reading this donated only $1 a month we could double or triple our medical, spay/neuter services for homeless animals. CATLINK can be researched on the Internet. We are a division of the Rowena Wildlife Clinic (also on the web) Last month CATLINK spayed and neutered 122 homeless kitties in the Columbia River Gorge..that encompasses about 140 miles on both sides of the Columbial River...Washington and Oregon are separated by the River.

CATLINK operates solely on the proceeds from our administrator's dog grooming business, donations from caring folks like all of you and last week end we do fundraising with garage sales, etc. If you can help with a small donation it would be appreciated. Your donation is TAX DEDUCTIBLE: Checks can be made payable to "CATLINK/ROWENA WILDLIFE CLINIC." If you can't donate, just be aware that you CAN help by finding these homeless animals and taking them to the VET yourself for spay/neuter, shots, etc. The only time we can get a handle on the cat overpopulation in our world is to spay/neuter. The only way we can add value to the life of a kitty is to make is so the demands for the animal is greater than the supply.

Be forever kind to all of God's creatures.

BlackyTanner-5 weeksOld, 3 1/2 oz. and 3 oz. when we got them as fosters. The were almost dead due to starvation, parasites.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38832[/ATTACH]

Blacky & Tanner the day they went to their "forever home".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38833[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38832.jpe   attachment-38833.jpe  
Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Hi All:
I just found this thread and wanted to put in my 2 cents. THANK YOU everyone who get involved in the pathetic lives of homeless animals. These poor animals are at the mercy of every kind of people ...caring, loving, conserned folks but also the cruel and awful ones who walk amongst us, too. I have worked (AS A VOLUNTEER) for our local Catlink Animal Rescue program for the past 8 + years. We foster kitties for the shelter, nurse them back to health, socialize them and help find perfect, adoptive forever homes for them.

WHAT CAN YOU DO? If each person reading this donated only $1 a month we could double or triple our medical, spay/neuter services for homeless animals. CATLINK can be researched on the Internet. We are a division of the Rowena Wildlife Clinic (also on the web) Last month CATLINK spayed and neutered 122 homeless kitties in the Columbia River Gorge..that encompasses about 140 miles on both sides of the Columbial River...Washington and Oregon are separated by the River. There are HUNDREDS more kitties that need the S/N, shots, etc. but funds limit how many we can do at any given time.

CATLINK operates solely on the proceeds from our administrator's dog grooming business, donations from caring folks like all of you and last week end we do fundraising with garage sales, etc. If you can help with a small donation it would be appreciated. Your donation is TAX DEDUCTIBLE: Checks can be made payable to "CATLINK/ROWENA WILDLIFE CLINIC." If you can't donate, just be aware that you CAN help by finding these homeless animals and taking them to the VET yourself for spay/neuter, shots, etc. The only time we can get a handle on the cat overpopulation in our world is to spay/neuter. The only way we can add value to the life of a kitty is to make is so the demands for the animal is greater than the supply.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 AM

Hi All:

WHAT CAN YOU DO? If each person reading this donated only $1 a month we could double or triple our medical, spay/neuter services for homeless animals. CATLINK can be researched on the Internet. We are a division of the Rowena Wildlife Clinic (also on the web) Last month CATLINK spayed and neutered 122 homeless kitties in the Columbia River Gorge..that encompasses about 140 miles on both sides of the Columbial River...Washington and Oregon are separated by the River. There are HUNDREDS more kitties that need the S/N, shots, etc. but funds limit how many we can do at any given time.

CATLINK operates solely on the proceeds from our administrator's dog grooming business, donations from caring folks like all of you and we do fundraising with garage sales, etc. If you can help with a small donation it would be appreciated. Your donation is TAX DEDUCTIBLE: Checks can be made payable to "CATLINK/ROWENA WILDLIFE CLINIC." If you can't donate, just be aware that you CAN help by finding these homeless animals and taking them to the VET yourself for spay/neuter, shots, etc. The only time we can get a handle on the cat overpopulation in our world is to spay/neuter. The only way we can add value to the life of a kitty is to make it so the demands for the animal is greater than the supply.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Just a happy note for this story. Mama kitty is happily living inside at my sisters house. When the babies are weaned she will be spayed and has a forever home. One baby will most likely be living with me and the other with my dad. Happy ending for the three of them.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Just a happy note for this story. Mama kitty is happily living inside at my sisters house. When the babies are weaned she will be spayed and has a forever home. One baby will most likely be living with me and the other with my dad. Happy ending for the three of them.
Littlehud: Thank you for what you and your sister are doing. Your caring is so appreciated ....especially by the kitties you are helping.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

Oh how wonderful. a mamma cat in our neighborhood brought her two kittens into our backyard every night for safety. well we let them into our garage at night after that and then into our house. now we have three cats! before getting the mamma indoors, she got herself with kittens again. she had six more in our closet. we had nine cats for over two months. i found homes for the six. wish i could have kept them to see how they grew up. they had such different personalities!
good for you.