Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bags to Store Pots & Pans

Bags to Store Pots & Pans

Since moving into to live with my son after my husband passed away this year, I have not had my own pots and pans to cook. I've been missing them dearly and finally brought them out of storage. There isn't room for them in the kitchen, so I am going to store them in the garage. Hence ... bags!! I am using my flannel PJ stash to make the bags. I'm working on a tutorial to post for anyone who might want to make the bag. I didn't have any instructions, so I just "winged it"! I'm thinking about how I am going to cover the pots with long handles. My wheels are churning. I know I will probably end up incorporating a sleeve for the handle. Anyway, here are a few pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Live, Laugh, Love & Quilt!
    Weasie

Blog Entries
    Wonderful idea!!! Maybe you could make the opening for the bags on the side instead of the top and the handles can just stick out?????
    Nikki in MO

KLO
    Blog Entries
    What a great idea! You have here a great demonstration of the saying "Necessity is the Mother of Invention". And using the flannel PJs AND putting a label on the outside so you know what size the pans are is genius!
    So sorry about the loss of your hubby but glad to hear you are with family now.

If you are doing a lot of cooking then store your son's cookware in the bags and put yours in the kitchen. Do you really think he will notice what cookware is in the kitchen?
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

My son is very meticulous. He does his own cooking and knows what is in his kitchen. So to answer your question, Yes ... he will notice. I don't mind having to get my pots from the garage. Actually I will be keeping some of the smaller ones in my room on a shelf to have them handy. I do have some things in his kitchen, space allowing. I respect his space. It's his home and he has been generous enough to have me in his home. For that, I love him even more. There are a lot of children in this world who will not have much to do with their parents. I am fortunate to have two wonderful children who are caring and loving. I am blessed.
    Live, Laugh, Love & Quilt!
    Weasie

Blog Entries
    Wonderful idea! Kudos to you and your son for making your situation work. You're right, not many will do that.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

What a clever idea! I like that you even have a picture of what is in the bag!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

What a great idea ... and, as coopah said, kudos to both of you for making it work.
    Pat

Power Poster
    nice looking cookware. I can see why you missed using it.

your flannel bags are definitely a step up from the plastic bags I have been using.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weasier22 View Post
    There are a lot of children in this world who will not have much to do with their parents.
    You hit the nail on the head! I cannot tell you how many people I know whose adult children will not have anything to do with them. It is like an epidemic. You are truly blessed.

Your creativity is so terrific. Sew glad you are planning to do a tutorial. The photo on the bag labeling as to what it is is also very creative. Thanks for showing us.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    At first I thought ....What a silly idea...Now I understand. I have a lot of pots on shelves in the basement. I think I should go and check them. Thanks for the idea,
    Last edited by quilter68; 12-15-2014 at 07:11 AM. Reason: sp.
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Wonderful that you are living with your son and as someone who loves to cook, I can understand your need for both of you to use your own pots and pans, this a great compromise.

Blog Entries
    Terrific idea--the label is over the top ! I like to know what is stored in bags or boxes .

Very cute. I would also store them in the plastic totes.(bugs, mice, etc) . Or get one of those Rubbermaid storage wardrobe.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)