Baseball!!!!!

Old 07-23-2020, 08:19 AM

Default Baseball!!!!!

What day is today, you ask? Why, it's opening day of baseball, Covid-19 style. I'm so glad that they have been able to figure out a way to keep the game going and also keep it safe for everyone involved. Are you a baseball fan too? Who are you going to watch today? I grew up in LA, but have lived in Northern California for many years. LA vs Giants...who to root for tonight? What a quandary! Anyway, have fun watching the game.

~ C
Old 07-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

........and our poor Jays are homeless!

Right now, I have mixed feelings about the season.
Not just for baseball, but for all the other sports leagues and their new schedules.
Maybe I will come to like it?

I can't help but wonder "why?" are they going ahead?
And why not call it quits, before these new seasons begin?

Just way too much at risk here for everyone involved .... JIMHO.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

I've had withdrawal not being able to watch my Yankees! I have MLB so I can watch all the games. Let's play ball!
Old 07-23-2020, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

St. Louis Cardinals played Kansas City last night. I didn't watch. My Husband is not a big sport fan.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:36 AM

Not sure about the major leagues, but I would love to be able to watch my grandson play. He plays for Free State in Lawrence, KS. But with Covid and both my hubby and I are high risk, we just can not go across the state to watch him. On a big pitty pot
Old 07-24-2020, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I've had withdrawal not being able to watch my Yankees! I have MLB so I can watch all the games. Let's play ball!
Lucky you! I have MLB.TV too, but they won't let me watch the Giants, or the Dodgers. Last year they wouldn't let me watch anything west of the Mississippi...go figger. Like I'm really going to make the 3-4 day drive to Denver to attend the game. Anyway, I was able to listen to it which is almost as good. I'm going to watch the reruns today.

I should adopt an East Coast team, so I can root and watch too.

~ C
Old 07-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

tropit- that's strange- I get all the games. I wonder why you don't?
Well, I watched the Yankees play the Nats last night until a torrential downpour did them in. So then I watched the Dodgers and the Giants. I will watch anyone play to be honest with you. I love the game. But I sure miss Jeter and Rivera. I always will

On second thought though, I don't get them on MLB if they are playing on say ESPN or Fox. Is that what you mean?

Last edited by SusieQOH; 07-24-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

Woohoo! About to watch the Tigers and Cincinnati. Going to grill Bratts and eat - BallPark Style for the game. 🤗
Old 07-24-2020, 01:20 PM

I'm a 2nd generation Giants fan. Not really sure about how I feel about the 'revised' season - on the one hand, ! On the other, concern for those involved in bringing us the baseball action. I suppose I just have to trust that they'll do their best to be safe.

I did like the comment about the cut-out audience, where apparently if the ball hits your cut-out some teams will send the owner the baseball as if they caught it in the park. I love that idea!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-24-2020 at 02:18 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-25-2020, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
tropit- that's strange- I get all the games. I wonder why you don't?
Well, I watched the Yankees play the Nats last night until a torrential downpour did them in. So then I watched the Dodgers and the Giants. I will watch anyone play to be honest with you. I love the game. But I sure miss Jeter and Rivera. I always will

On second thought though, I don't get them on MLB if they are playing on say ESPN or Fox. Is that what you mean?
That's it. You get ESPN. I don't have cable, so they won't let me watch it on ESPN and MLB is just difficult about, "out of market," games.

Mariano Rivera...the best relief pitcher of all time. He only had one pitch, but it was a good one.

I know...you'll be upset with me, but the DH and I have decided to adopt the Red Sox as our East Coast team. We went to Fenway Park last year for the first time. It was just magical...loved it. The fans, the hawkers, everyone there was fantastic. They even rooted for the Giants players! The park was so nostalgic too.

~ C