Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Best Internet/Cable TV service >

Best Internet/Cable TV service

Best Internet/Cable TV service

Old 09-17-2017, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
Ditch cable and stream. Saves a ton of money, cable so not worth the price IMHO. We have been cable free for 8 years and I honestly don't miss it at all with hulu, netflix and amazon I have more than enough to watch
My son and his wife did the same thing. They don't miss any of the nonsense we're paying for. I need to convince my husband that we're paying a lot to watch Chris Matthews
Old 09-17-2017, 05:30 PM

MaggieLou - first off, help to a "neighbor"!! I live in Mooresville. As to the person wanting info about NC - it really depends on where you are moving to. We had our local bundled service since 1999 and just this past January changed to Spectrum. I am al glad - wish we had done it earlier. I rarely have any problems and if I do it's usually me or my husband, who can screw up a clicker faster than anyone😄 I'm thinking Spectrum, may be available in more areas but hamcemt a clue I'd that's correct. I have friends about 40-50 miles west and has Charted (which is ?? Now) and they had all kinds of problems. I heard some people around here don't like Spectrum but I can't understand why.

Let us kmow what town you're moving to and perhaps we can help you better.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 09-18-2017, 03:48 AM

I don't have a cable company. I have antennas on all of my TVs and they come in chrystal clear, I have my mobile phone with sprint so years ago I had my house phone go thru them, unlimited everything 20 a month, Cox was over 30 just for the phone, no long distance or caller ID. Last year I cancelled Cox, I had unlimited internet put on my tablet for 25 a month. Love not paying the huge cox bills. Plus they started requiring you to have a box for each TV, that was around 50 a month for all of our TV, not worth it. We get so many channels. More than happy
Old 09-18-2017, 09:08 PM

I've had AT&T U-verse for around 10 years. I have been very happy with it.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 PM

We always go for price. Right now we just got a deal from Spectrum who bought out a local company. Shop around.