Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie >
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

• The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 AM

Hmmmmm I use the new Veet product which works great.....hmmmmmm may need to buy some stock in it.... :lol:
    Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 AM

Yes it has quit growing on my legs and has moved to my face. But the problem is I can't see them. I can feel them. I get my husband to pull a much out ever so often. I am always running my hand over my chin to see if I can feel the thick ones.

I fear being a bearded lady like at the circus. My husband says I should shave. My it seemed to make them thicker. Or so I thought. It costs a lot to got and get them sugared all the time. RRRRRR drives me crazy.
    Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 AM

And I thought I was the only one in the world to have these "hair" problems. It seems that the older I get the more hair I get. I thought you were supposed to get less hair.
    Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by MIJul
    That is an "old wives tale", if that term has not been banned for being politically incorrect. LOL I shave about 3 or 4 times a year and my facial hair has not come back thicker or faster.

Dr. Oz had this on one of his shows and he said that shaving is the best and safest way to eliminate facial hair. Not to mention cheaper.

I figure that I don't have to shave my legs any more so I can shave my face every so often. I guess that once hair stops growing on your legs, it moves up to your face. LOL
    My dermatologist told me the same thing. :thumbup:
    Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by LindaSeccaspina
    Originally Posted by mymsmess
    I have the same stray hairs also! They seem to really pop out when I have been on STEROIDS! I am 44 and have some wild ones to begin with.
    Why are they always white???????? and TOUGH??:)
    mine are black and tough and grow primarily in my scar on my chin. I do get a few stragglers every once in a while though.

I've taken to carrying tweezers in my purse so that if I ever notice one, it doesn't last long.
    Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quilterfay
    I fear being a bearded lady like at the circus. My husband says I should shave. My it seemed to make them thicker. Or so I thought. It costs a lot to got and get them sugared all the time. RRRRRR drives me crazy.
    Hubby says the longer we're together, the more we look alike... he's got a full beard, tho! :shock: :hunf:

My dermatologist suggested I start shaving too, but he said use an electric shaver, like a Remington. I haven't noticed new growth to be any thicker and I'm a brunette from English/Amer. Indian decent.

What's "sugared"??
    Old 09-08-2011, 12:25 PM

I run my mascara brush lightly over my face and chin; the long hair stands out like lashes. It takes the guess work out for aging eyes. Plus 10 X mirror. When I sugar I get bumps.
    Old 09-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Oh my goodness. My tummy hurts from laughing so hard. I'm in the same boat. Get waxed every month. Not often enough anymore. LOL Armpit hair is not there anymore. Yes my went north too. Had a grandson with me one time when I got waxed. He said "Meme, what is she doing?" I said "waxing my stache". He said "why don't you grow it out like my Dad's? Laughing so hard I told him that Meme's don't grow hair on their lip. Later we went to the bank. Went inside the lobby and ----low and behold------ the teller had a full-blown mustache. I said "Please God don't let him say anything to her." Prayer answered. He was quiet. I go by myself now! LOL
    Old 09-08-2011, 12:43 PM

SO Funny I have a mirror in my sewing room & bathroom. Luckliy my husband gets up at 6am and I get up at 5am, so there is time to pluck in secert. I would love to go on a 3-4 day canoe trip, but not without tweezers and mirror.
    My biggest fear is "What if I have to go to a "home", will they take care of those hairs?????" I'll have to tell my family that is a neccessary duty of the nurses!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-08-2011, 12:54 PM

ok ladies - now that we are at the sharing hair point in our relationship let me say that this has been a life long issue. Had electrolysis in my 20s but it didn't get all those little buggers.

15X mirror and Tweezerman tweezors from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They could grip a micro hair from across the room - can even send them to be sharpened for $5 (but you have to have two pairs - one to use while the others are being sharpened!).

Lip waxing is achieved on the same schedule as eyebrows. I love the Honee pot - yes, I have my own heated wax pot. If there's something special going on then I don't have to wait to get to the salon for a wax - just turn on the pot and do it yourself!

BTW .. still waiting for armpit / leg hair to do a disappearing act!