Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie >
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

• The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

Old 09-08-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by rushdoggie
    I will send the Tweezerman recommendation. I have 3 airs, one in each bathroom and a travel pair in a little case in my purse so I can eliminate those little b***ards if I see or feel them anywhere. I also carry a magnifying compact every where I ago.

Re: wax. If you have irritation, you may want to try a different brand. The first time I waxed my eyebrows the skin all fell off. But I had a hairdresser I trusted who assured me that the better stuff she used wouldn't do it, and she was right.

Also, if you have a lot of small hairs, the microwave wax is a good choice because yes it hurts but only for a second, and its a lot quicker than individual plucks.

Thanks for the tips... I have one special pair of tweezers and they hang right by themirror
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by luv2look
    Never have waxed but my daughter did for Senior Prom . . . her eyebrows. Tore the skin under one brow. Sad . . . so sad.
    I went back to complain the next day. They said they should've put powder under the wax to prevent tear, irritation, rash. "Baby powder" will do.
    We never went back there!
    So . . . this might work.
    How awful she must have felt..:(
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 PM

After talking about our annoying chin hairs and how to get rid of them, my big question is, "Where have my lips gone?" So many women are getting their lips puffed out while mine seem to be puffing inward.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
    After talking about our annoying chin hairs and how to get rid of them, my big question is, "Where have my lips gone?" So many women are getting their lips puffed out while mine seem to be puffing inward.
    My daughter in law got it done.. she had more bruises on the inside of her lips than puffing and she looked the same after..
    Old 09-08-2011, 08:24 PM
    Dee

I inspect under the chin and sure the same long hairs are there. Don't come often, but now I have DH let me know. Then pluck away and doing facial movements at the same time.
    Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dee
    I inspect under the chin and sure the same long hairs are there. Don't come often, but now I have DH let me know. Then pluck away and doing facial movements at the same time.
    I just wonder what kind of vitamins they suck up from us to grow. I think it would be one heck of a vitamin if bottled..:)
    Old 09-09-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by SharBear
    ok ladies - now that we are at the sharing hair point in our relationship let me say that this has been a life long issue. Had electrolysis in my 20s but it didn't get all those little buggers.

15X mirror and Tweezerman tweezors from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They could grip a micro hair from across the room - can even send them to be sharpened for $5 (but you have to have two pairs - one to use while the others are being sharpened!).

Lip waxing is achieved on the same schedule as eyebrows. I love the Honee pot - yes, I have my own heated wax pot. If there's something special going on then I don't have to wait to get to the salon for a wax - just turn on the pot and do it yourself!

BTW .. still waiting for armpit / leg hair to do a disappearing act!
    Yeah....I was wondering why everyone was talking about their armpit and leg hair disappearing.... that doesn't seem to be happening with me either!
    Old 09-09-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sherryquilts
    Originally Posted by SharBear
    ok ladies - now that we are at the sharing hair point in our relationship let me say that this has been a life long issue. Had electrolysis in my 20s but it didn't get all those little buggers.

15X mirror and Tweezerman tweezors from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They could grip a micro hair from across the room - can even send them to be sharpened for $5 (but you have to have two pairs - one to use while the others are being sharpened!).

Lip waxing is achieved on the same schedule as eyebrows. I love the Honee pot - yes, I have my own heated wax pot. If there's something special going on then I don't have to wait to get to the salon for a wax - just turn on the pot and do it yourself!

BTW .. still waiting for armpit / leg hair to do a disappearing act!
    Yeah....I was wondering why everyone was talking about their armpit and leg hair disappearing.... that doesn't seem to be happening with me either!
    I was shocked and wondered by my leg hair and armpit hair left town.. Now I know why hahah
    Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Oh yes just another of the "joys" of getting older.
    Old 09-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewgarden
    Oh yes just another of the "joys" of getting older.
    and what a joy it is..:)
    HUGGGGGG