Best Thing You EVER Ate

Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM

My mums meat and potato pie!...I know exactly how how to make it and Ive done it hundreds of times...but it never tastes quite as good as my mums!

Karen xx
Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by EllaBud
Ok, everyone, here goes...

What's the best thing you ever ate? It has to be edible!

I'll start: Caviar
You must have had better caviar than I did because I thought I'd have to lick my armpit to get the taste out of my mouth. :lol:
I know. The very first time I had caviar, I couldn't stand it. But the third time was the charm--plus, it was the real thing, which I think made all the difference.

Oh, there was also a fabulous dessert I had at a French restaurant in NJ when I was pregnant: profiteroles filled with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. It was soooooo good that I had 2 orders. No wonder my son is so sweet!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by EllaBud
Ok, everyone, here goes...

What's the best thing you ever ate? It has to be edible!

I'll start: Caviar
You must have had better caviar than I did because I thought I'd have to lick my armpit to get the taste out of my mouth. :lol:
ROTF LMAO . . . . .. trying to visualize that!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 PM

The best thing I ever ate is when my father and I made home made Potatis Korv (Swedish Potato Sausage) with lefse and lingonberries. Gosh, I miss my Dad! Edie
Old 03-25-2010, 02:03 PM

Snow Ice Cream in the middle of winter, with fresh from the
cow cream, sugar and vanilla.

Nothing since then has tasted so good, even in gourmet rxestuarants!!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 PM

Huge big fat soft thick sugar cookies from my childhood neighbor "Martha". We asked Martha for the recipe and she laughed that she didn't have a recipe. She learned how to make them from her mom, "Mother Haney". so once my sister and I watched her make them, and wrote down exactly what she did and how much she used (the blue bowl = 1 1/2 cups). They are close, but not exact. Martha has been gone for years and years, but even my kids know and love "Martha cookies"
Old 03-25-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
Huge big fat soft thick sugar cookies from my childhood neighbor "Martha". We asked Martha for the recipe and she laughed that she didn't have a recipe. She learned how to make them from her mom, "Mother Haney". so once my sister and I watched her make them, and wrote down exactly what she did and how much she used (the blue bowl = 1 1/2 cups). They are close, but not exact. Martha has been gone for years and years, but even my kids know and love "Martha cookies"

Sounds yummy, care to share? The recipe I mean. You don't have to mail me any cookies. LOL
Old 03-25-2010, 02:59 PM

Lobsters off the boat in Maine.. ooo what a vacation that was!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
The scallops that nearly killed me, wrapped in bacon and grilled...the night I ate those wonderful things, I had my first allergic reaction to them...blistering hives that lasted for six weeks...

Probably knowing that I can't have them again makes them more attractive...~sigh~
My first scallops were drop dead delicious Hawaiian style scallops that I found I was deathly allergic to - had a reaction like food poisoning but also created such hypersensitivity in my skin that no one could touch me. Unfortunately I had the same reaction when I went into labor with my son. Go figure!

Never ate another scallop but dang they were good!!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
What a nice legacy for Martha and Mother Haney!