Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Best time to go to Nashville >

Best time to go to Nashville

Best time to go to Nashville

Old 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM

Default Best time to go to Nashville

Hi everyone, my friend (lady I have been friends with since high school) and I are planning a trip to Nashville sometime this year to celebrate our 60th birthdays.
Her husband does not like country music so that is why we are going to Nashville

We know we won't be able to go when Fan Fest is going on, however would like to know when the next best time to go. I have been on the computer looking at information, etc. but would like to know what other people have done while there and maybe NOT what/where to go.

Any and all information and past experiences are welcome.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 PM

go when it's best for you. i have relatives that live there. and there are so many stars that live around the area, they all pop into the opry when they are in town. i believe that is part of their obligation of being inducted into the 'hall of fame'. the show is always good, and surprise, you can usually get tickets on short notice. But be sure and spend the extra money and sit closer, and on the main level. so you can see it all.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:45 PM

It gets really hot in the summer, and it can get pretty cold in January and early February. Otherwise, it's pretty nice the rest of the year. It's a great city - enjoy!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:48 AM

it is a great place. Treat your self and stay at the opry hotel, Gaylord opryland, well worth the money. but you can take their shuttle over the opry. Also the big mall is right there by you. As far as going to the Co Hall of Fame and Ryman auditorioum, take a taxi to that area, traffic is a headache and its a long ways from the opry.. and then there is Ernst Tubb record store near the Hall of fame. Once I stayed at a days inn near H , of F and it was terrible. no food nearby, no room service etc .[I] I did not go to Toosies?
I am cleaning and had mementos laying out, the previous poster is right, abt where to sit. we had row MF row 5 seats 3 and 4. they were good ones.
Enjoy your trip and give us an update
Old 01-31-2014, 06:28 AM

Nashville is the best! Stay at the Opry Hotel and plan on spending LOTS of time in the Country Music Hall of Fame. There's so much to see there. Go to Tootsie's and the Ryman Auditorium and of course the The Grand ole Opry. When I went Alan Jackson and George Jones was there. You can't get any better than that!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:40 AM

Thanks everyone ...we are debating April or September. Will keep checking back for more info.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 AM

If you go in April, I'd go around the 23rd... Then I would drive about 2 hours to Paducah to go to their annual quilt festival http://aqsshows.com/AQSPaducah/class...uiltweek-2014/... It's on my bucket list of things to do!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:13 AM

When my DH and I went to Nashville someone picked his pocket in a store. Ruined the whole trip for us. Br careful.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:36 AM

I've always wanted to go to Nashville; love country music.

Hope you and your friend have a glorious time!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:41 PM

I live about 20 miles from Nashville and love to visit in the spring. Contact the Chamber of Commerce for great ideas before you come amd have a wonderful time. Be sure to eat at Jack's BBQ and biscuits at Loveless Cafe!