Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A better mop

I love my O'Cedar spin mop. I always wash the head out very well after each use and in the summer, let it dry out in the sun on a wrought iron chair. I did find a re-placement head also, but haven't had to use it yet. It does the best job on my laminate wood floors with a dash of Pine Sol in the water. Dries almost immediately too.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

PS, my expensive steam cleaner is languishing in the broom closet.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

I have one of those mops that spins. My daughter bought me one for Christmas a few years ago from Lowes or Menards. I absolutely love it. She has one too & loves hers

I love my spin mop!!!

I bought the O'Cedar mop with bucket that spins out the water with a step-on lever on the bucket. It does a good job on my ceramic tile floor. Not having to get my hands wet with dirty water is a real plus. I have two dogs so it is really handy for cleaning up the kitchen floor.
    Life is a remarkable journey~~make yours memorable...

Blog Entries
    I bought better steam cleaner, and I used it once and it made my floor tiles loosen. then I remembered my daughter always saying her tiles came loose in her rented houses. so it's in the closet. I use my swifffer for sweeping, and a sponge mop for mopping. they seem to be the lightest for an old lady.

Don't purchase a new mop. Use your swiffer mop. I cut a microfiber cloth in half, serge the edges and use a half like you would a swiffer pad. When dirty just use the other half. We have three big dogs and three cats in our house and I like being able to wash them out and reuse them quicker. Purchased mine at the dollar store. Save on laundry, lowers the cost of cleaning up after the animals and saves the landfill. WIN! Win!! Win!!! all around. Make my own cleaner as well using a formula I found on the internet. My husband has been able to get the lid off the bottle and we just refill it. If you can't get the lid off just put the cleaner in a spray bottle and spray in front of the mop. Works just as well as the purchased cleaner and much cheaper.

spin mop is the best mop I've ever had
    June

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2