The block Magazine

Old 10-28-2020, 10:30 AM

Default The block Magazine

Is everyone still receiving this bock book and how do you like it?
Old 10-28-2020, 12:08 PM

I did get about one year's worth of them...it's nice to leaf through but I haven't found myself using any of the patterns yet. There are some I do like, just not super enthused by. I keep hesitating to gift them here, keep thinking 'one day' I'll want that pattern, heh.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:39 PM

I had 3 years worth of them when they first came out. Since the subscription also included the digital version, I gave away all the hard copies. I am no longer subscribed, but as others have mentioned it’s a very nice magazine for the price.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

It's the only quilt magazine I subscribe to. I like it for the no ads and detailed pictures of each step of the patterns. For the low price I will continue to subscribe to support Missouri Star. So many townspeople rely on the company for a job and don't have to leave the area for work.

I buy the block keepers and when full take up little space and look great on the book shelf.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:55 PM

I own one Block book.....all pretty basic designs but the color combo’s are inspirational and her stories are fun..
Old 10-28-2020, 05:42 PM

I have been subscribing to Block magazine sinde the very first issue and will continue subscribing. I love my technology and know I can access issues in,ine, which I do sometimes. But I’m still in love with all books in general and really enjoy flipping the pages and adding my little stickies to the ones that catch my eye. Plus I also agree with onebyone about helping to support Missouri Star and their while town. They pretty much saved Hamilton, MO and all the people who live there. I really need to purchase the book keepers though as I do tend to misplace just about everything!!!!

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 10-28-2020, 06:40 PM

I've also been getting Block since the beginning & like that I can check both the tutorial & the magazine when sewing 1 of the quilts.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:58 AM

I had a subscription for a year (maybe two) and I still have them but like Cheshirepat, I don’t think I’ve made one of the projects. It is beautifully illustrated and offers great ideas...
Old 10-31-2020, 02:12 PM

I took it the first year and then stopped, as I wasn't using precuts. Then I happened to look at the most recent one and saw the Tulip Fields quilt, and bought that issue. Then I bought the fat quarters to go with it. It's on my schedule for next year.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:36 AM

I had the first year too, and then gave it to the Chinese Auction for a basket item in last year's Quilt Show for my Guild. I love the idea, but found that if I really wanted to make a quilt, I used the tutorials online not the magazine. Never used the book.