Bow-Tucked at Hancocks

Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 PM

Sounds like she needs an attitude adjustment. She takes life way too seriously!
It's good that you got :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 PM

Sorry she was rude. :hunf:
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by arimuse
snobs really kill me-lol! no common sense at all, and too self absorbed. when I I try to be nice and compliment someone and they huff at me with their price tags, I always say: Oh, I thought I recognized the (pattern, fabric, designer trademark or whatever) I just bought the same thing at a yard sale, thrift store, dumpster diving - for 1.50$ whatever would drop their jaw the lowest. sharet
Good One
Old 10-01-2011, 04:10 PM

Talk about name brands. When my son was in college, he had a buddy who came from a wealthy family and always wore expensive name brands. Therefore, my son thought he needed to keep up. He didn't have that kind of money, but spent it anyway. One day I heard him tell his aunt that someone had stolen his $75 Guess shirt from the dryer at the dorm. I was in the next room - I stepped into where he was and said if he wore normal shirts, he would probably still have 3 shirts left! He decided later that he wasn't going to advertise free for anybody by wearing their name on his shirt or his rear end!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM

good for you. I was in a high end store for wedding gifts, china and silver. had a purse I made. the sales lady's were giving us the cold shoulder, then one saw my bag. she said."oh is that a Veria Bradley?" I said why of course. Our service got alot better. but I didnt buy there. I laugh about it too.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:17 PM

I am laughing so hard.......her loss and your gain for sure to know u can make one as nice and worth more to u when finished for sure.....lol
Old 10-03-2011, 11:32 AM

HAH well SHE needs to get off of her high horse !
I've had people ask if bags and totes I've made are Vera's or Amy Butlers ... and some I made for my girls were mistaken for $200 Anthropologie and Fossil bags. So WOO HOO to the "designer" addicts ... :roll:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
wow..

I can buy a LOT of fabric for over $100.
Me too especially at 54% off-I got 28yds of Batiks the other day ago and after my Sr.discount and Preferred Customer disc. I only spent $49.08 yep I'm still walking on a cloud and patting myself on the back for saving over $175 :-) :-)
That is great! Wonderful fabric! That is a bargain! Good for you!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by bakermom
My DD had the same experience complementing a woman on her quilted purse. "your purse is beautiful! Did you make it?"

Woman answers very huffy"I did NOT! It's a Vera Wang!"

DD said 'Oh. never mind then"
Somebody had to make it! It didn't make itself or have they come up with such machinery that the human hand does not have to touch it anymore? Sort of like test tube babies! LOL

Women who sew know what fabric costs, know what work goes into things they make. It seems really silly to pay for some idea of status when you have the ability to sew.

I remember all the fuss that was made about designer jeans when they came out and everybody wanted to wear So&So's name on their back pocket. I though that if I wear a name on my pocket, it would have to be mine! LOL I never really understood the need to display any kind of designer mark on anything.

I was given (hand me downs) a pair of Somebody'sNameBrand sweats in black with a tiny Somebody'sNameBrand mark on the leg in white. I thought it was a snip of fabric from sewing stuck to me and tried to grab it to throw it away. It didn't budge. Then I looked at it carefully and thought....."If I get my seam ripper and am very careful I can rip that thing off of there." LOL LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 02:44 PM

You sure took the wind out of her sail!!