Boy do I feel old!!

Old 04-25-2010, 03:57 AM

My Oma always said: "you have to hang yourself young, if you don't want to get old"
Old 04-25-2010, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: Thats a good one....
Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by mannem
My Oma always said: "you have to hang yourself young, if you don't want to get old"
Since it's to late for me to die young. I'll just be old.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:43 AM

Thank you all for making me laugh with your comments! Most of the doctors I go to look 12 and I just keep telling myself they are "cutting edge" in their skills just to not laugh! I remember party telephone lines, telephone numbers such as Hamilton 5- 1234, I was thrilled when I got a raise at work from .75/hr to $1.00 and thought I was rich, remeber 5cent White Castle hamburgers, going to the "linen store" with my mother to buy curtains, gas at 17cents/gallon and when speed limits were 25 mph on the highway. I am 62 this summer and thank God for every day of my life.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nonna Judi
Thank you all for making me laugh with your comments! Most of the doctors I go to look 12 and I just keep telling myself they are "cutting edge" in their skills just to not laugh! I remember party telephone lines, telephone numbers such as Hamilton 5- 1234, I was thrilled when I got a raise at work from .75/hr to $1.00 and thought I was rich, remeber 5cent White Castle hamburgers, going to the "linen store" with my mother to buy curtains, gas at 17cents/gallon and when speed limits were 25 mph on the highway. I am 62 this summer and thank God for every day of my life.
I remember when McDonald's put their sign up "Over a million served". The gas wars, I bought gas for 15 cents a gallon. I worked at a resort for $1 an hour and thinking, wow, I'm rich. I'm 66 but I think my knees are about 85.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Now that I have hit the big 'double-nickle' as a friend said, I seem to be regressing. I have more fun, mess with people and make them think twice, dare my 33 and 34 year old to do more with their lives, and just seem to have more fun.

As far as the cops being out of diapers... I thought only my DH (retired Denver cop after 29 years) and I were the only ones who said that. Careful about the 'gun' thing. There is a saying out there( I will refrain for fear of embarassment to some, not me) pistol and gun. :lol: :lol: Oh my, I am sooo tempted. :oops:

Now that my med Dr. and Dentist have both had major medical problems over the last two years, I may have to go for much younger so they live as long as I want to.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 PM

Darn my kids are really aging the poor things! The youngest is 31, then 35, 37 & 40. I sure feel for them. Glad I'm not getting older. No way! I'm stayin 29 forever! LOL I have too much fun ahead of me to have yet & have no intention of slowing down. Let the kids slow down but not Me! LOL I love this topic and have really enjoyed reading the posts. Thanks for starting it.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:50 AM

Someone mentioned police looking so young, too. The hardest thing for me to accept is my son's best friend from age 5 on up is now a PA State Trooper!! OMG-I remember when he----well, I better not go there LOL!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:40 AM

Baby cops! A few years ago, I made a wrong turn down a one-way street. Quickly realized my mistake and turned into a driveway and waited for the traffic to go by. Wouldn't you know it, I was spotted by a patrol car. He turned into to the driveway behind me, he got out, came over to my car and with a big smile on his face said, "Ah, you don't live here do you madam?" I said that I didn't but realized my mistake that is why I turned in here. I'm trying to get to the other one-way. I noticed he was really young, cute and wore a SWAT above his name tag. He smiled and said he would help me get to the other street. I thought he was going to show me, instead, he pulls his car out into the street, blocking all lanes so the other drivers can see this stupid gray haired old woman and turned around and headed in the right direction. I think I would have preferred to get the ticket and just call the embarrament part off. I never screwed up again about one-way streets. I probably reminded the young cop of his grandmother.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Well, we either get old or die young....SO I am aiming for the first choice lol 67