Bra Straps

Old 08-26-2011, 02:22 PM

Old 08-26-2011, 02:32 PM

I believe Clotilde has 'It Stays'.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
Once I changed my bra style I haven't had many problems with slipping bra straps. Have you been fitted for your bra? JC Penny will do it for free. I tend to have that problem when my bras get old and stretchy. I use the lily of france underwire sports bra, I love it for everyday wear.
Where do you buy your bras?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
You can get them in a dollar store or Ollies, etc.
Sorry hahah I just had to say when I was reading this post I KNEW for a fact you had to be in New York somewhere, as far as the bra straps go just take a length of ribbon and tie them together
Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
Go to Macy's or Victoria Secret or another reputable place to get correctly measured for your bra size. A high percentage of women wear the wrong size. Call ahead to make sure there is someone there trained to measure you. Buy one bra there. Then, once you are correctly sized, you can go anywhere for bras.

Keep in mind that Victoria Secret Bra's IMHO tend to run slightly smaller than other brands.

Once I find a bra I love, I buy alot of them; also, before they have gone thru the wash too often and the info on the label fades, write down all the information about the brand (size, style #, brand) so you can reorder, perhaps less expensively, on the internet

Use a lingerie bag to wash and air dry bras so they don't get stretched.

Hope this helps

With the price of a good bra, I can't afford to not take care of it. Yes, a lingerie bag and DO NOT put in the dryer. The heat will ruin them in a hurry.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by lenette
I believe Clotilde has 'It Stays'.
The company who made 'It Stays' has sold out to another company (I did hear which one, but I can't remember now, of course) and they changed the formula, and it is no longer as good as it was. I used to use it to help hold my wigs in place, but it no longer works. Very disappointing.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Well...That's one problem I don't have. Straps dig into my shoulders and now I have neat little 'ruts.' Darn.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3
I thought about it and I think if a person moved the strap in the back closer to the center of your back it would solve the problem of course that does depend on the style of the bra if you could do it or not.
I agree with you on this. It makes sense to move the straps closer to the center in the back...then I'd love a hook front that really works!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to try it. Either that or go out and get fitted for a properly fitting bra, which wouldn't be a bad idea either, since I'm, shall we say, generously endowed. lol
Old 08-26-2011, 05:50 PM

I have very round shoulders and was constantly pulling up my bra straps. I just take a piece of 3/8 or 1/2" elastic and measure what I think is enough and then attach it to the back of my straps (one end to each strap) ( so it winds up in the middle to upper back of my straps. Yes, it makes it a little (and I mean a little) more difficult to put on your bra, but it works like a wonder. I don't have to pull up my straps anymore!! And I like that.
Also if you go to the "Soma" web site they have a bra that is almost like a racer back bra that is very comfortable (it hooks in the front) and no slipping straps!! Got to love it.