Broadchurch PBS series

Old 12-04-2022, 01:33 PM

Default Broadchurch PBS series

I was able to watch Broadchurch on PBS channel for season 1 and 2. Now Amazon has it but even though I am a Prime member, I must buy a membership with Masterpiece theatre or what streaming service they say i must use... i am not happy. It's getting to where every show i want to watch, I must pay more for. I already am paying. anybody have any ideas on this or am i never to find out what happens?? I have streaming on MHz choice but mostly European shows and not many of those. Had that one for years.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:38 PM

You might try Acorn TV. You do have to buy it, but the last time I had a subscription, it was only $6 a month and they have a lot of great BBC shows. I only watch shows on Amazon that I can get for free.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:08 PM

I think I seen that on cd's like on amazon
Old 12-05-2022, 04:32 AM

That is so frustrating. I guess it's not the same as Season 1 and 2 because it's newer. It will probably eventually come on PBS. I know what you mean about subscriptions. I'm a big Amazon Prime, fire stick user. If they ask for money, I scroll on.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:59 AM

Don't get me started on another PBS series I need to binge, lol!!

I just looked on Amazon; it says you have to have the Masterpiece service ($5.99/month) BUT you can get a free 7 day trial and then cancel... I have no idea how many episodes there are in season 3, but could you do that and watch it all within the 7 days?

I've been considering Acorn for a while... There are so many good British shows. I currently have Netflix, which I don't use, but pay for it so my grandsons can watch it at their house. I should contact them to see if there is a way I can just change it to be their account and I'll continue paying.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:26 AM
Administrator

acorn is not expensive - especially if you pay for a whole year up front.
if you like broadchurch you'll find a lot more there, too.
nice variety.

they have all 20 seasons and episodes of midsomer murders.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:51 AM

Oh the first show of Broadchurch made me cry like crazy. I didn't know if I could watch any more but did. Now they just go onto other crimes. that confused me at first. Thanks for the other info though! Will look into it. nothing on t.v. these days!
Old 12-05-2022, 07:27 AM

Just did it! cancelled my MHz one and got Acorn. about to watch Harry Wild show. thanks all.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:56 AM

Now that you have Acorn,
You might enjoy the following series:
Brokenwood- It's set in New Zealand and is quirky, but the characters are fun and the mystery is usually interesting as well.
Vera- set in northern part of England. They no longer have all of this series as some seasons got picked up by Britbox. But well worth a watch of the seasons they do have as Brenda Blethin is wonderful as DI Vera Stanhope. Good mysteries as well and great supporting characters.
Foyle's War- Set in England during WWII, Great series. I've watched it several times. Foyle is a Detective with the local police. The mysteries are well done, the characters are well acted and the series does a great job with the historical setting and showing what life was like in England during WWII.
Shetland- set in t he Shetland Isles. I think the books that inspired this series were written by the person who wrote the Vera Stanhope novels.

Rob
Old 12-05-2022, 03:06 PM

thank you so much. I"ve seen Foyle's War many times , may do so again. And Vera too. Not heard of the others but will look them up. Just watched Hinterland. set in Wales I think. one character told a man "you're off', meaning questioning him was over and he could go, but the closed captioning put it as "eurof". What? eurof? sometimes those people are sooo bad at typing.