Broadchurch PBS series

Old 12-05-2022, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

I subscribe to all of the British channels and Masterpiece through Amazon. I subscribe to others as well. Still cheaper then cable or satellite monthly bill for a hundred channels I don't watch. I loved Ladies of Letters Detectorists, and so many others. So much better then American tv shows now.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:06 AM

I love British shows. I've been considering getting Brit Box just so I can watch them.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
. one character told a man "you're off', meaning questioning him was over and he could go, but the closed captioning put it as "eurof". What? eurof? sometimes those people are sooo bad at typing.
Lol. I think it's voice-recognition software nowadays. Probably has a hard time with accents.

Years ago, my inlaws hosted a foreign exchange student from Austria. She was fluent in English, Italian, and Spanish, and had conversational French and Russian. In other words, she had a brilliant mind with languages. But she could not understand the US southern drawl at all. 😜
Old 12-06-2022, 01:54 PM

Software? seriously? now that would explain a lot. Thanks
Old 12-07-2022, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I subscribe to all of the British channels and Masterpiece through Amazon. I subscribe to others as well. Still cheaper then cable or satellite monthly bill for a hundred channels I don't watch. I loved Ladies of Letters Detectorists, and so many others. So much better then American tv shows now.
I did not know I could do that... Will be looking into it. I've had so many British programs that I enjoyed.

If it were up to me, we wouldn't have cable. It's just gone up again, over $200/mo now (although that includes our internet), but DH loves all of the sports channels, old movies, and (ugh) sci-fi.

The latest increase has had him looking into options and he asked me to tell him which channels I would want included if he makes a change. Other than local broadcasting (news) there were 2!

Rob, thank you for the list of programs to check into!
Old 12-07-2022, 06:55 AM

well, there is Britbox too and Roku. Many streaming companies out there. So far I"m good with Acorn. Funny, i cancelled Mhz choice I'd had for many years but they still send me emails of shows... oh well.