Call about Windows

Old 08-28-2014, 09:32 PM

I just tell them that I don't have a computer...then I start ranting about how evil the internet is...they never call back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 PM

I've gotten this call. I knew what it was right away and just said no thanks and hung up.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 PM

I've had similiar in UK. I told them I didn't own a computer not had one for a few weeks since. I don't think they will go away completely. I also get calls where no one speaks. I do 2 hello then goodbye, and put down
Old 08-29-2014, 08:06 AM

I got a call saying I had won a contest and I hung up, the guy with a very heavy accent called daily for weeks. I other day I got the call about windows being hacked, I am positive it was the same guy, because when I said aren't you the guy who called me about a prize he hung up on me!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:07 AM

I get these calls a couple of times a month - sometimes they say "Utah" on the caller ID. It always sounds like the same guy. Last time i went along saying "really" - "Oh My !!" - "Absolutely".....and he hung up??? Go figure. Yeah...and i tried the "i don't have a computer" long time ago. Maybe i'll try the fake police detective at a murder scene next !!!

What REALLY bothers me is it's not like there's not enough garbage that happens in the world "naturally" - you have to have people out there making it on purpose !!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:19 AM

Oh, I did hang up--when the ID doesn't show who is calling I quick find out who they are and hang up. A friend suggested I tell them I don't have a computer. Have to remember that next time but hopefully they won't call me again. I have heard others saying they have gotten the same call. The other one is when a Spanish speaking person calls to say hi grandma this is your grandson--so and so--another scam wanting money or maybe sponsorship of an illegal.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:21 AM

Yep, a very heavy accent--thankfully haven't gotten a call about a prize. It's bad enough when there are so many political surveys, etc being called about now.
Originally Posted by Cecelia363 View Post
I got a call saying I had won a contest and I hung up, the guy with a very heavy accent called daily for weeks. I other day I got the call about windows being hacked, I am positive it was the same guy, because when I said aren't you the guy who called me about a prize he hung up on me!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:28 AM

Yes, a heavy Indian accent--almost to the point of Spanish/Mexican sounding. Couldn't understand and told him I'd run Malwarebytes. I told him I couldn't understand him and hung up. He called again right away and I told him I'd call the company I bought the computer from. Many times I answer -- say hello -- no one there and I hang up. I just get tired of hearing the phone ring. I checked the call log to see if there was a phone number to report to the phone company but there wasn't one.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:57 AM

Absolutely, it's a scam! I've received those calls, called Office Max, and was told they don't get those scams by phone. By this time, i knew it was a scam. He would probably have told you what to do so that he can hack into your computer.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:25 PM

Was receiving the same type of calls but from two different people. I engaged them in talk about what type of windows I should have installed, bay window or bow window. Then the caller explained he was talking about computer windows. Says I...Sonny I know nothing about computer windows. No more calls.