Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can anyone tell me about the numbers for a screening test for Down Syndrome >

Can anyone tell me about the numbers for a screening test for Down Syndrome

Can anyone tell me about the numbers for a screening test for Down Syndrome

Old 12-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a down syndrome child...they are usually delightful and happy and know how to show love better than most 'normal' people in the world. My SIL got the same result at one point and was contemplating abortion...I told her that I would be more than happy to raise that baby if there was a downs syndrome issue. That baby was born perfectly normal
I am very much against this testing, I think it probably spurs many abortion decisions. Doctors are not God...and if God sends you a child with a problem it is because he has a plan.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Morelcabin I couldn't agree with you more, I truly believe that the good Lord has a plan for each one of us...and we must have faith in his love
Old 12-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Some wonderful advice here (as always). The only thing I would like to chime in with, is this. When pregnant, it is so important to stay calm and as stress free as possible, from personal experience the state of mind/health/stress levels of a pregnant woman can really affect the growing baby, not perhaps physically, but certainly on some kind of emotional level.

Don't let some (possibly inaccurate) test affect your daughter during one of the most rewarding and exciting times of her life. Relax and enjoy....
Old 12-30-2010, 02:47 PM

How timely, my DD called concerned about the numbers of her test. I remembered about the subject here and told her that the tests aren't completely accurate.

piney
Old 12-30-2010, 05:58 PM

Just spotted this thread and was wanting to see how things are going...
I have two cousins with Downs, and my best friends son, as well... LOVE them all...they are the most joyful children....it really isn't the worst thing in the world. I remember when Vanessa was born, the grandmother told me I was the first person that simply said CONGRATULATIONS...

But, that being said, these tests are notorious for inaccuracies, and I would tell your daughter to BREATHE deeply and not get too worried...

Good luck, and keep us posted!