Can I vent?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:40 AM

Thank you, you gave me my morning chuckle. Would be great to see before and after pics !!

My sewing room is in the dining area of our kitchen so I do not have too many secrets.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

Oh No! That's like someone going through your lingerie drawer. I hope that you can whip your room back in shape when you are feeling better. It makes me tired just thinking about it. When my husband gets in a "creative" mood I say, "if it ain't broke, DON'T fix it!"
Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 AM

After this you may be really ill. I know the feeling. We had a new security system put in and the installer had to find the security box. Well, it is located in the closet of my sewing room. He and my husband pulled out "stuff" to get to the box! My husband just shook his head.
Your room will be just fine!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:14 AM

Yes, you will and for him to do this for you, he more than likely understands you and accepts you for who you are so what you have in stash is moot compared to having a husband who is helping you with a remodeled sewing space. That said, rest, recover, and rejoice in knowing your 'new space' will be so much more organized and enjoyable to work in when you can get back in there and get busy again. Think how much brighter your room will be without that dreadful dark popcorn hanging over your head!
When he is done, do you think he could come over and scrape our popcorn too?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by clem55
Not my sewing room, but once while I was gone for a week, hubby decided to re-do our den into a guest bedroom. Now my den had all my sewing and craft supplies, books, etc., plus my make-up desk and drawers filled with my "junk". When I came home, he had given away my huge desk and chest combo( nice big drawers) , everything was put in different places. That was three years ago and I am still trying to find things!! I keep telling him to leave my things alone and don't do me any favors as a surprise!
Things would have been VERY COOL around our place for quite some time - especially for giving away the desk and chest combo.

If I would not have been cooling off in jail for "justifiable homicide" !
Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

double post
Old 06-21-2011, 06:24 AM

OMG...I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about it. :shock:
Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
OMG...I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about it. :shock:
ME TOO!!!!

But, you do NOT want to leave *anything* in a space that is being "de-pop-corned", I promise you!!

I have taken almost 7 years to get over my experience with that and the workers who did the job while I was not in town....without covering a damn thing (sorry but there's NO other word for it!) nor cleaning up after themselves.

Horrid, hideous experience. Since then I've refused to live in a space (rental) with pop-corned celiings.....who the heck came up with that idea anyway??

Think how much fun it will be to reorganize and get reacquainted with "stuff" in your new space....keep telling yourself that! :-D

Jan in VA
Old 06-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Be thankful he moved the stuff out. My DH would have just scrapped the stuff off and let it fall all over my stuff.

Just think of all the things you are going to find as you put it all back together.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
Just think of all the things you are going to find as you put it all back together.
Yep! It will be like Christmas!