Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you say BRRRRRR?!?!?!!? >

Can you say BRRRRRR?!?!?!!?

Can you say BRRRRRR?!?!?!!?

Old 01-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

-20F was doable for me...-40F I couldn't breathe when I tried going outside. I had a ski mask on AND a muffler wrapped around my face LMBO
Old 01-02-2010, 02:42 PM

When I was about 10, my aunt made what she called a "snoot boot" for all the cousins. She lives about 3 hours north of me in Manitoba, so I am now living in the kind of winters she had then. Her snoot boot was two knitted triangles sewn together, a pom pom added to the point, and crocheted strings to use as ties. It went over your nose, and tied around the back of your head. Living in coastal British Columbia at the time, it seemed like a pretty goofy gift, but on days like today, I think I should make one for self. LOL
Old 01-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

They are just puppies and tend to want to spend time on the road out front, otherwise I would just let them run wild, we live on an acreage and there isn't a lot of traffic but we have had a lot of bad luck with it this year. so unless they learn they have to be accompanied by someone, DH took a run to town and they keep bugging me to go out, hopefully he will be back soon but it has warmed up somewhat,
Old 01-02-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Originally Posted by Pam G
It's about 20-degrees before I wear my winter coat, but for about the last 4-5 years I've had my own built in furnace (hot flashes). Now that I've had my Hyst we'll see if that continues. I miss wearing sweaters.
Me too!!! Hot flashes (or heat waves as I call them) are hell ain't they!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
YES they are, I am SO ready for it to be over. Need to make appt with Dr to talk about HRT
Old 01-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
When I was about 10, my aunt made what she called a "snoot boot" for all the cousins. She lives about 3 hours north of me in Manitoba, so I am now living in the kind of winters she had then. Her snoot boot was two knitted triangles sewn together, a pom pom added to the point, and crocheted strings to use as ties. It went over your nose, and tied around the back of your head. Living in coastal British Columbia at the time, it seemed like a pretty goofy gift, but on days like today, I think I should make one for self. LOL
:D :D I can understand why, as a child, you would not want a pom pom hanging from the end of your nose. If you make one, please post a picture of yourself modelling it!
Doncha wish you could move back to warm Canada!!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Wow!! I didn't realize it got quite that cold where you all are. BRRR is RIGHT!! It's 12 here today--with 15-20 mph winds, but I'm not complaining. Tomorrow is 25-30 mph winds. I headed to the barn four times to keep feeding horses hay to keep warm and clean up in the barn where they're wisely hanging out. They have a heated water bucket so they were cozy.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Currently 15 with a wind chill making it 2 degrees F. The wind last night and all day has been atrocious. But, better than -39!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Banned

OH MY GOODNESS! And I thought we were cold here in Colorado!! Reading your post made me feel warmer :)
Old 01-02-2010, 06:03 PM
dsj

It's cold in Tennessee too in the teens. We did have snow flurries at least. It better snow if it's going to be this cold here.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

anyone who doesnt like the cold can come and visit me today as it is meant to be +39 degrees Celsius today! I am just so grateful to have aircon!