Canadian buyers

Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 AM

Exactly! heck some countries have a hard tme getting 100% cotton! a women on this board has a really hard time getting cotton. so i made her up a special package for her, and now am hoping she can actually get it.

Originally Posted by bob1414
I guess what the seller wants to do is up to him/her .
I ship my batik all over the world - yes, it's more work to print out all the customs forms, attach the plastic envelope to the package and insert the forms, but people from all over the world need batik......don't they???!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:53 AM

Here at work the hassel is in filling out the customs papers.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Remember back in the good old days, when traveling back and forth and mailing back and forth to Canada were simple? Those were the days!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 PM

Thanks to those of you who are willing to ship to Canada. We appreciate and you get a sale!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:36 AM

Hi there, just a suggestion - you may want to use a package forwarding service. It's so much easier. This way you can buy any item in the US without running into this problem. MyUS.com is good and have been around for awhile. Simply speaking, they provide you with a U.S. address, all your items are shipped there and you can consolidate your purchases into smaller packages for cheaper shipping. This way you aren't limited on what can and cannot ship to international addresses. Here's a special discount code for you to use to get 15% off your first shipment. Hope that helps! http://myus2.myus.com/programs/main/...kd=&id=1001517
Old 08-19-2011, 09:32 PM

I've not sent a package to Canada for a couple of years, but I too have sent items all over the world. It is possible to track and insure international packages through USPS-it must be sent Priority. One very bad experience with a buyer in Croatia has resulted in my choice not to send ANY ebay sales internationally unless they are sent Priority and insured. Private sales off of ebay, I send them all over, and I allow the buyer to decide how they want it shipped. I've recently sent handbags to Germany and Poland. Germany was no problem, but it took almost a month and two trips to the customs office by the customer before it cleared customs in Poland. Oh-and she had to pay an extra $30 to be allowed to keep it. I have NO idea what the difference was-all customs forms were filled out the same, just different laws I guess.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 PM

My husband was burned by UPS when he purchased something through Ebay from US. The brokerage/custom fees were $50.00 on an $11.00 item. I've purchased about a handful of things online and have been okay, but all my items were mailed through USPS.

with regards to customs:
Putting "Gift" on package does work to not incure charges but a lot of stores don't like doing that because its lying.

If the products were made in the US, Canadians are not charged customs. I've been able to use this a lot as I get a lot of books online.

I will not purchase from a company that will not send via USPS. I just made a purchase and had to have a PO BOX to ensure USPS as UPS cannot ship to a PO, they take it directly to the door.

Its a live and learn world. I'm sorry for those that have bad experiences.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM

yes thy do!!!! LOL
Originally Posted by bob1414
I guess what the seller wants to do is up to him/her .
I ship my batik all over the world - yes, it's more work to print out all the customs forms, attach the plastic envelope to the package and insert the forms, but people from all over the world need batik......don't they???!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by raksmum
Thanks to those of you who are willing to ship to Canada. We appreciate and you get a sale!
:thumbup: