Can't believe this

Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 AM

Know of someone who keeps the urns under their bed !!! 3 so far now I think !!!!!!!!! Yikes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:37 AM

Wow, that's quite a story. I'm glad to hear they've located family in Chicago.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 AM

I'm debating whether to be cremated. Having just paid for a funeral ($6K+), the $2K price for cremation sounds good. I don't want my kids to sit me on the mantel though. I told my daughter if I get cremated I want her to go to Vegas and scatter my ashes on the Strip. That's my favorite fun place - non-quilting place, of course.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:33 AM

Reminds me of a story Kaye Woods told about one of her cruises...this lady had a beautiful tin box and alway kept it up by her sewing machine so Kaye asked her if it was a button box and the lady said, no it was her dead husbands ashes, he had always forbidden her to go on quilt retreats, so now that he was dead, she has taken him on five! LOL
Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 AM

Reminds me of a news story awhile ago. A house was broken into and hubby's ashes were in the urn on the mantle. The break-in guys were looking for something to smoke and they did! So gross! I wonder what their reaction was once they found out it wasn't tobacco! or whatever....
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Our local Goodwill has received donations of marijuana twice recently??????
Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

I'm being cremated and half goes to each DD. LOL. They can do what they want with the ashes. My oldest DD says she gets the top half. The youngest will probably spill me all over wanting to look what is left of me. As long as I go first I'll be happy with whatever they want to do with my remains.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Ouch! I hope the new owner does something appropriate with the Urn.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Sounds like someone thought they had too much stuff. It probably was gotten rid of in a family dispute. Think of it- My last will and testament- to my grandson Jimmy who was my favorite I leave my entire fortune. To my grandson Billy who never had time to come and visit- now you will have all the time in the world as I sit on your mantel. Okay - so I grew up in a family of boys and learning to find humor in the dark things were a way of survival- it payed off now they are squeemish and pass out at the sight of blood or even descriptions of medical proceedures which fasinate me.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma B
There are quite a few auctions here from storage places. Either they didn't pay their bill, or possibly died and their decendants didn't know aboout the storage unit.
That's apparently what happened in this case. Granddaughter didn't pay her storage bill and it was auctioned off!