Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can't keep a secret (Part 2) >

Can't keep a secret (Part 2)

Can't keep a secret (Part 2)

Old 01-13-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by quilter in the making
I posted on December 26th that my daughter and son-in-law had told us on Christmas morning that they were expecting. Well, this afternoon my oldest son and his wife showed up at our house (they drove about 1 1/2 hours) to tell us that they're also expecting. DD is due in August and DIL is due in September. We're so excited, but I'm also very nervous. DD has a very small subchorionic hemorrhage in the uterus. Doctor says MOST times these small bleeds are reabsorbed and do not pose a problem, but did not put DD on any restrictions. DIL's progesterone is a little bit lower than what her doctor likes to see and has prescribed something to hopefully increase the progesterone. They're trying to be very proactive thinking that the miscarriage she suffered last summer may have been caused by low progesterone. It's time to turn my concerns over to God, but prayers would be much appreciated. These will be my first grandchildren. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
My daughter had so much trouble conceiving and carrying until the doctor found her progesterone level to be too low as well! He gave her shots and meds and we now have two wonderful grandchildren, a girl three and a boy, almost two!! (We have two others from my son and dil who was in the Twin Towers when the first plane crashed into it. She was six weeks pregnant with the first boy who had markers for disease but is fine and healthy.) So many people have problems but you and your children will be blessed with grandchildren/children thanks to her doctor's great research into that progesterone problem.
May you all enjoy the beauties of those little miracles!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 PM

My daughter & SIL came over last night to with a cake for dessert. There was writing on the cake- BABY TIME. They are also expecting. My BFF works at a hospital and says that HOLIDAY BABIES are what the babies to be born in September are called. Congratulations to you too!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by lcmimi
My daughter & SIL came over last night to with a cake for dessert. There was writing on the cake- BABY TIME. They are also expecting. My BFF works at a hospital and says that HOLIDAY BABIES are what the babies to be born in September are called. Congratulations to you too!
Congrats!! Isn't it exciting? Will this be your first grandchild?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM

I can't wait to start decorating the nursery. This is my second. My oldest son has a daughter. This is my daughter's first and she only lives a few minutes away from us. I am looking forward to having one so close.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:26 AM

Gina-quilter in the making: Will certainly keep you and you DD & DDL in my prayers August & Sept. That will be almost like having twin grands.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:15 AM

You all are in my prayers. Nothing like those sweet grandchildren. God is in control and he can do above all that we ask or think.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 AM

I have two GK that are 6 weeks apart...They are attached at the hip and are 22 now!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Congratulations. You and both girls are in my prayers. Here's hoping for two bouncing babies, come August and September!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:23 PM

They will be in our prayers
Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 PM

My sister and I had daughters 9 days apart. My husband and our mom were both of our coaches. I pray that the pregnancies are uneventful and both babies are born healthy! Congrats!!