Can't Sleep

Old 03-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

It is a terrible thing when that happens. Have come to the QB and that does help. But want to try Magdalena's suggestion - hope it works!!
Old 03-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
I was on meds. for restless legs I did not see were it helped me. Got on sleeping pils and started sleep walking and getting LOTS if junk food and took it to bed with me and ate most of it. Accused hubby of planting it there.. Needless to say tossed the pills. But the one that workrd the insurance will not pay for an it is $179. for 30 days so what am I to do?
Waking up with chips in the bed?? Or candy wrappers?
When I first started taking Ambien I walked and ate too. But now I sleep straight through. I take it later now because I don't think going to bed at 11 is for me. I'm a night person so 12 to 1 and getting up at 7:30 to 8 works better. I think it takes time to see what we need for ourselves. I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME I married a morning person LOL
Old 03-13-2011, 07:06 PM

Sew
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Elaine Va
I was on meds. for restless legs I did not see were it helped me. Got on sleeping pils and started sleep walking and getting LOTS if junk food and took it to bed with me and ate most of it. Accused hubby of planting it there.. Needless to say tossed the pills. But the one that workrd the insurance will not pay for an it is $179. for 30 days so what am I to do?
When I first started taking Ambien I walked and ate too. But now I sleep straight through. I take it later now because I don't think going to bed at 11 is for me. I'm a night person so 12 to 1 and getting up at 7:30 to 8 works better. I think it takes time to see what we need for ourselves. I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME I married a morning person LOL
Ambien is the one the insurance will not pay for.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:17 PM

I take the generic and Blue Cross/Blue Shield (know by other names) pays with prior approval from my sleep Doc. Have you tried calling your Ins. Co directly. Most ins. co. now have a nurse or help line for medical questions. It's worth a try. there is nothing worse than being awake all nite.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:22 PM

I take the generic and Blue Cross/Blue Shield (know by other names) pays with prior approval from my sleep Doc. Have you tried calling your Ins. Co directly. Most ins. co. now have a nurse or help line for medical questions. It's worth a try. there is nothing worse than being awake all nite.
That is the insurance co I have I will call them Mon.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
I start to visualize and believe that I am rich! I fall asleep because that will only happen in my dreams :)
LOL! I do this too! Usually I am in the process of winning the lottery, or taking a shopping cart through a store. (Don't need anything, and not greedy, I just learned this helps me relax and get to sleep.) Never get to the amount I won, or what I bought. Must drift off soon after starting to think about it. Weird, but works for me.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Daisy144
I have severe Restless Leg Syndrome and for years couldn't sleep because my legs had a mind of their own - I now take requip (which I would fight anyone for) and when I do go to sleep (usually only about 5 hours) I can sleep very well. Have been having very painful leg spasams lately and am back in the can't sleep mode again - thank goodness for the internet.
I also have Restless Leg Syndrome and I take Mirapex. Although I take it during dinner time or 6 pm, whichever comes first. It does not help me sleep, it just calms the anxiety in my legs. I take potassium everyday to help with the leg spasms. Sometimes, I just walk around the house and say my prayers until the anxiety/spasms go away. - Daisy144, I feel ya!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:57 PM

Think that I should get up and clean house.I do go right to sleep.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Banned

get up, sit on computer in the hope it will make me tired, if return to bed ,if not lie flat on recliner covered by quilt with crime channel on[ not noisy ,least interuptive and HOPE!!!!!!!!