Car shopping stinks!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 AM

I used to be good friends with a car salesman. If you can hold out, try to wait until almost the end of the month-they get easier to deal with if they haven't met their quota.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 AM

I used to be good friends with a car salesman. If you can hold out, try to wait until almost the end of the month-they get easier to deal with if they haven't met their quota.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

I do all the research on edmunds.com - they even have a used car section AND they show "real" prices what people in your area pay. Then I check dealer inventory in my local area. The last car I bought, all the dealing was made over the internet. It was not a painful encounter at all.

Do you by chance have a CarMax in your area? That takes a lot of the negotiating out of the equation too.

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Ummm Maryse, do you wear that avatar when you go car shopping?
Just about and thats just about how I feel when I walk onto a car lot......I already P'ed off before I go!!

:lol: :lol: And don't ever let them have your keys!!! I just about whooped a salesman A@@ one time because he wouldn't give my keys back when I wanted them!! My hubs knew I was getting very steamed so he just stepped back out of my way! :lol:
We sound alot alike. I would have popped him too. LOL
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Karen how do you like the Rav 4? We will be looking for a new also. I love the new Outback by Subaru anyone have a new one? Do hate paying the price thou, looking at a few different model cars. Maybe if we wait till July when the new models come out we will look for a leftover 2010?? watcha think?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

Never had a new car in my life (they drop in value the second you drive them out of the yard). I tend to avoid buying through dealerships, and have always managed to save hard and pay up front (finance is a total rip-off). Sure, my vehicles are never new, not flashy (though I have had the odd vintage), but all have been presentable and mechanically sound. The only time I was tempted to buy through a yard, I asked if I could have our mechanic check it out before purchase, they agreed and he had a three page list of serious faults (one being a cracked/twisted and badly repaired chassis). The car looked great, inside and out, but he said it was a nightmare. Believe they withdrew it from sale when they got the list.