Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Castle gossip

Castle gossip

Just saying...

From what I am reading, Stana Katic may not return to Castle. I hate to say it but I really have lost interest. I used to enjoy it but since the writers got the two of them together as a real couple, it kind of fizzled (in my opinion). The last I read it has not been renewed yet (but that could have changed recently and I haven't seen it.).

Serita

That's Beckett, right? Anyway...I kind of feel the same way too...the story lines are getting a bit howky(sp)....... They are good together, hate to see it go away, but it has had a good run.......

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    That's Beckett, right? Anyway...I kind of feel the same way too...the story lines are getting a bit howky(sp)....... They are good together, hate to see it go away, but it has had a good run.......
    I think this show could have lasted longer than seven seasons, but that's just me. I just don't care for the story lines too much, and her character seems to have been weakened. She was such a strong character in the earlier seasons. Maybe they can regroup????

Blog Entries
    She is the star, well one of them. I wish they hadn't married them. But I still like the show, just wish they would leave her hair alone!

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    She is the star, well one of them. I wish they hadn't married them. But I still like the show, just wish they would leave her hair alone!
    funny...I don't see how the show would hold up without her.

Used to love love the show but last years season's finale and this years first show...well hated it. Felt like new writers. DH and I have also lost interest. It was the best when they were not a couple. Castle's character used to be a "hoot". I think they've lost their edge...the writers I mean. Maybe I'll sew for that hour instead.

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    I agree...seems like whenever they put the stars "together" the show looses omph! Only show I know where that worked was Hart to Hart (in my opinion). And yep, the story lines have become way too contrived...Boo hoo..my list of shows to watch continues to shrink. I refuse to watch "reality" (NOT) shows.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I don't watch the show but it seems that if they don't marry the characters then they get rid of them or the actors just see story lines are nothing but repetitive. I actually end up in the sewing room more and more especially in the last couple weeks. It's almost like same o, same o. ANd yes forget the reality shows. If you don't have any yelling and cussing and noise making in your house, do you really want to listen to that crap in someone else's? Who wants to stress out watching tv? Not me!!!!!

I have no idea what is happening with the actors' contract talks, but when I saw the headlines a week or two ago about her not being signed yet, I figured it was the usual "will she or won't she?" speculation that almost always ends in the stars signing a new contract and the show continuing. Wonder if their agents get this kind of thing started so fans write to the networks and, the agents may hope, drive up the salaries of their clients.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

I agree...it has lost its omph!
    I like the actors and the characters they play but the show needs new storylines/writers.

I'm hoping Castle's daughter is going to play a bigger part in the show. I think they are grooming her from one of the last show's I watched. Maybe she's going to take Beckett's place as the female star, though I would certainly miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
    Used to love love the show but last years season's finale and this years first show...well hated it. Felt like new writers. DH and I have also lost interest. It was the best when they were not a couple. Castle's character used to be a "hoot". I think they've lost their edge...the writers I mean. Maybe I'll sew for that hour instead.
    They have lost the conflict between the two characters, and it has not helped the show in my opinion. I mean, if NCIS can stay on the air for 13 years or so, surely Castle could last a little longer.

I have lost interest in Castle also. Did like the last episode with Castle and his daughter on the plane but it always seems the person who is so helpful is the one who did it. I don't mind that the characters married but there are other shows that are gone that I would rather watch.

WOW I thought it was just me. I lost interest also and I loved watching it in the beginning etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mic-pa View Post
    WOW I thought it was just me. I lost interest also and I loved watching it in the beginning etc.
    I don't think it is just you. I just read somewhere that the ratings have dropped.

I am also in the company of those who have lost interest. Some recent story lines have lost their appeal.

I enjoy the show still. But then I didn't start to watch it until about a year ago. I started watching it on TNT and then started watching it on Monday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    I enjoy the show still. But then I didn't start to watch it until about a year ago. I started watching it on TNT and then started watching it on Monday nights.
    Similar here. I didn't start watching until later but have caught up with the episodes via TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    Similar here. I didn't start watching until later but have caught up with the episodes via TNT.
    Same here. Mr. Stitchnripper started watching a couple years ago when he was in the hospital. I didn't think I'd be interested, but did get into it. We have seen all of the episodes, some of them more than once. We like some episodes more than others, but, now we are sort of involved with the characters. I did read that Stana did sign back on.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    Same here. Mr. Stitchnripper started watching a couple years ago when he was in the hospital. I didn't think I'd be interested, but did get into it. We have seen all of the episodes, some of them more than once. We like some episodes more than others, but, now we are sort of involved with the characters. I did read that Stana did sign back on.
    I read that too. The way they left the season finale looks like another job move might be in the works. I did not care for it too much when the writers sent them to D.C. That didn't last too long, maybe it wasn't popular with other fans as well.

Blog Entries
    I still enjoy the show. There is so much garbage on TV that I cannot even begin to want to watch ("reality shows", science fiction, witchy showes, etc.). Castle is a fun, low stress show that I have enjoyed since it started and still do. Some episodes are better than others but over all I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrilley View Post
    I still enjoy the show. There is so much garbage on TV that I cannot even begin to want to watch ("reality shows", science fiction, witchy showes, etc.). Castle is a fun, low stress show that I have enjoyed since it started and still do. Some episodes are better than others but over all I love it.
    Just so many darn commercials....gets on my nerves sometimes.

mac
    I'm with the "it has lost its oomph" crowd. I've been recording it, but for some reason have not watched any of the shows. I did watch the last two shows that came on and that is when I realized that they have lost that 'edge' or 'spark' they used to have. The 'sparring' on the show has diminished and everyone seemed like they were walking on eggshells, trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. Castle seemed to be in a melancholy mood, what happened to that, "hey, I really am a ruggedly handsome guy" playful character?

I am finding less and less to watch on television and sewing more -- which, who knows, might be a better thing to do afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I'm with the "it has lost its oomph" crowd. I've been recording it, but for some reason have not watched any of the shows. I did watch the last two shows that came on and that is when I realized that they have lost that 'edge' or 'spark' they used to have. The 'sparring' on the show has diminished and everyone seemed like they were walking on eggshells, trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. Castle seemed to be in a melancholy mood, what happened to that, "hey, I really am a ruggedly handsome guy" playful character?

I am finding less and less to watch on television and sewing more -- which, who knows, might be a better thing to do afterall.
    I just miss the conflict and banter between the two of them.....I start watching but then get interested in something else which shows a total lack of engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    Just so many darn commercials....gets on my nerves sometimes.
    that's true of all shows except on premium channels and probably netflix and amazon. We use the DVR and never watch "live" so we fast forward through the commercials and they don't bother us.
    Alyce