Cat burglar

Old 08-21-2015, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
That's funny! There was a story awhile back of a cat bringing undies home. I'd rather have the shoes!

In the town north of us, Bend, Or. there was a cat who bought home anything not nailed down he could carry. His human found gloves, shoes, sandals, towels, kids toys in the garage where his kitty door was.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:35 AM

*** O, he is soo cute.
*** He acts like he has done absolutely nothing, Mr. Innocent.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
That's funny! There was a story awhile back of a cat bringing undies home. I'd rather have the shoes!
I was just thinking of that one, while reading this.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:42 PM

What a character! Got to love his industriousness. But I am going to be careful that my 2 fur babies don't see that video and get any ideas!
Old 08-21-2015, 04:04 PM

That is way funny. We had a dog, years ago, that when his food bag got low, he would steal full bags of dog food that was not even opened & drag home. We would go around asking everyone in our town (it is a small farming community) if they was missing dog food. Every one said no. Never did figure our where he was getting it from.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:48 PM

Boko and Bella both go around the yard and pick up previously chewed on bones and put them in a pile on the front lawn.

Boko drags around sticks, his braided muslin ropes all over the place. He puts his chew toys in the planter next to the garage.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:20 PM

My daughter had a cat years ago that had a funny thing for dirty socks. He could not get enough of them. He stole socks from every house in the neighborhood that left a window open. Got to be a ritual, wash all the socks he stole, and on Saturday morning, hang them on the clothes line for the neighbors to take back, and repeat every week.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:09 AM

Cute! Cute!!
Old 08-22-2015, 02:21 PM

Our Allie Cat (departed these many years) used to drag my moccasin slipper around and yowl. When she started, the thing was almost as big as she was. The vet said it was a totally instinctive female feline action. The slipper was her 'baby' and she was moving it from place to place for 'protection'. Same for the yowling--warning everyone to stay away.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Love it! I live in a VERY rural area..no houses near me..so...I had a black lab that got old and very senile...he was hard of hearing, on top of all that...all of the sudden dog dishes started to "appear" on my porch...at first I thought my neighbors were dropping them off because they knew I had a dog..I just kept putting them in the garage..I already had dog dishes! One day, a nice young man and his wife came to introduce themselves...they had bought a property half mile down the road..they were clearly city people..asked me if raccoons could carry off pet dishes? Seems they were missing a ton of them! I explained to them that they shouldn't put animal food on the porch in bear country..then took them on a little tour of the garage! We've been friends ever since..that was 25 years ago..time flies...they still tell the story of my old black lab, and laugh.